Pics of my Givi E41 hard bags

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
Full profile is the least flattering angle, I think.
I used easy brackets and custom made support brackets.
The custom brackets bolt to the bottom edge of the bags, and then to where the passenger foot pegs were.
They open in half, like a clam shell, and have lids with a keyless combination lock.
I also added stick on heat shielding on the right bag so the preds don't melt it ;-)
You can't see the heat shield or the custom brackets at all. Very solid setup.

This is the custom bracket I fab'd up, and the press on heat shielding

They look pretty handy.. Good price compared to stock Triumph? ..getting the custom made brackets would be my problem..( Looking for a nice detachable bag set up for touring but not keen on spending 2k or something stupid)

I have Easybrackets with Givi E21 cases and often thought it needs a third support at the bottom to stop them wobbling about, how have you done it and are they still easily removable without tools?

Thanks. I love em. They are very handy. I use them every day I ride to work.
I added a pic to the post, above, of the bracket and heat shield on the right bag.
I can fit a full face in one side and my jacket in the other.
I made the brackets myself from bar stock. Took all day but was worth it. No wobbly bags.
I tried a wing nut on the bracket end so I wouldn't need tools.
But they had to be turned tight with pliers anyway, so they wouldn't come loose.
So I keep 2 wrenches in the former filter box under the seat and use a nut on the end. I never take them off.
I hemmed and hawed about getting them because they are so huge, but I think they suite the bike.
I got them here: http://www.sporttour.com/luggage/givi/case-e_41.htm
E41 NN with matte black lids, only $486 and free shipping in the US.

One interesting note: The first time I tried to put a full face in them, it didn't fit. The bottom mount nuts
protruded too far into the interior of the bags, so I had to flip them around and put the nuts on the outside :)
You can't flip the top mounting bolts, because the studs on the fender wouldn't fit onto the brackets.
Otherwise, you could stuff 2 full face helmets into these things!

Back