pick mine up at noon!

Baggage1

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Rocket III
:D Morning men and you too's,after 2 years of reserching the bike me and the wife went to the dealer here in Pensacola,and finally figured out how she could finance the thing(my credit suffered a setback 5/04,another story)The last bike I was on,a Suzuki Ninja 650,that I co-signed for(another bad credit story)got me to 150mph before I started lift off and backed off.I got 10yrs on a 70'Trophy,2nd bike out of the service in 71'.Got ripped in LA. in 82'Buddy out there in Riverside had a stable of just about everything but Harley,not that theres anything wrong with them hee hee,I just wanted somthing that could eat their lunch and give me a little change back for my trouble.Rode in helmet protest demonstrations with David Mann in the early days.A special note to the gentleman from Geneva.Bon Jour monsieur,como sava,lived in Puilly in 61'fond memories,Lycee Jacquard.Congratulations on your retirement,what took you so long?

Welcome to the on-going Rocket III party, Baggage 1. You obviously already know your way around here, don't you?

Merci for the personal touch as well ;) . Best. Jamie

Hey Baggage1!!!

Welcome... now that you have had your Rocket for at least one afternoon I want to hear some kill stories:D...

My Mum in law lives in Pensacola, don't run her over, she's short and hard to see. Where did you buy your bike at? Years ago I used to restore the old bikes and did some business with Dink... does he sell the new ones now?

I'm glad you here... I feel your pain on the credit deal, personally anymore I believe in cash:eek: but that's hard to do on the big purchases. I just put in a A/C Heat Pump combo so I won't be buying a lot of Rocket toys for a bit. You know what they say.. If momma ain't happy....

Tomo

Congrats Baggage on the new purchase. Since you are a pretty "seasoned" rider I am curious as to how you think the the Rocket stacks up.

Dual Citizenship Revoked

Link Removed Glad to have you aboard, Baggage 1.

I used to keep a place in Ft. Myers from '78 to last December. Just had too much fun with all that hurricane business so now I just belong to Kansas City. Start getting used to sore facial muscles from smiling and looking in the rear view mirror to see all the folks you passed.

Have you guys recovered from the last big storm?

My 1st day

As it turned out I got there early to get a helmet,jacket and gloves.They ran behind and I didn't ride off till 1:30.The salesman ran down the features mostly all new to me.I started it up let the clutch out and killed it right there.He suggested I try the neighborhood 1st,which was all it took to get an idea which side brake and gears were on.Went right home and read the lit.I just scratched the torque potential,my my my....this is a whole different animal.Wife likes it,her sister and husband like it.I took it out twice more,got things smoothed out a bit now.Do a honey-do on her car and take her for a little spin tomorrow.

Let me try and get ya'll responded to here.Thanks Jamie,just learning my way around yet,got a lot to catch up on,you guys rock with jam up ideas,I'm really impressed.Toystoretom,I did kill it right off the get go,whats your mom look like anyway,ha ha,just kidding.Pig9r,I'm so seasoned I had to relearn whats where but it all worked out.Piano man,move over,I've about had it here.We were in Charleston for Hugo,Ivan got my antique car and truck,this Rockets' all I got to get around and I'm outta here next storm.

Welcome baggeage1.

You are going to have some growing pains until you breaker her in and learn your bikes idiosyncrasies, but the Rocket grin never leaves.

Everyone here is moving away from Florida and all my brothers(three now) have moved to Florida with a fourth in a few years. I just assumed I'd be moving also but y'all make a great case for steering clear of hurricanes.

Welcome Baggage1, We get our share of hurricanes here in North Carolina as well. Fran put a huge Oak Tree through my sister's house, even as far inland as I live.

That R3 seems to draw quite a few guys who haven't owned a bike in years.

Toystoretom said:
Hey Baggage1!!!

My Mum in law lives in Pensacola, don't run her over, she's short and hard to see. Where did you buy your bike at? Years ago I used to restore the old bikes and did some business with Dink... does he sell the new ones now?

Dink is alive and well, and runs an awesome shop! He does sell the new triumphs, as well as Ducati and Royal Enfield. He spends alot of time making sure his son has well tuned bikes for the race circuit (they have prepped two 675's so far). They still will sell you an old one as well; Whatever your taste. It is great dealing with a service shop that has some thirty years experience. A great group of folks with an active RAT membership. I only wish I still lived there. Have to commute from Panama City for the rides.

Welcome Baggage1!

Back