Piaggio scooters

Bigjaype

I'll eat Sonny's sandwich...
Ride
R1200GS
Thought I’d put it out there, just to see if there are any captains who also own any Piaggio scooters. I’ve just got mine (PX150) back on the road, all 8 hp of two stroke power. 150cc of oil burning madness. 0-80km/h in a week or so. As long as it’s after Wednesday!

MjAxMy1hMjkyMjMyN2ExMmY0MGQ1.png

I'll get this out of the way now for you Jason...you're welcome :roll:

Can't say I've ever ridden the Italian version but have some pretty good rides on Honda and Yamaha scooters throughout SE Asia.

MjAxMy1hMjkyMjMyN2ExMmY0MGQ1.png

I'll get this out of the way now for you Jason...you're welcome :roll:

Can't say I've ever ridden the Italian version but have some pretty good rides on Honda and Yamaha scooters throughout SE Asia.
Thanks mate, I knew that one would surface. Truth be told, it’s a blast to ride. No power, wobbly at speed 80km/h) and really crappy brakes. But somehow always puts a grin on my face.

I certainly enjoyed my single cylinder thumper Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (a Piaggio brand). It ran well, was good on gas, was intelligently designed. I gave it up as drivers just didn't respect it - I was getting way too many cagers pulling into my lane, and me not having the get-up-and-go to comfortably get out of their way. The CVT had a lag in the acceleration that was unnerving. Full service data was available for them, and they were easy to maintain, so did all my own work.

Thanks mate, I knew that one would surface. Truth be told, it’s a blast to ride. No power, wobbly at speed 80km/h) and really crappy brakes. But somehow always puts a grin on my face.
The 'grin' is from having made such a momentous achievement. The fact you managed to go from A to B without falling on your arse, crashing into stationary vehicles, or breaking down!

I was a postie for a while and still rate the CT110's - that's probably where first learned what 'its more fun to ride a slow bike fast...' really meant
All it takes it a quick glance at the modding scene to realise how serious these guys are about their postie bikes - Whether it's a scooter or a postie bike, if you wave me I'll wave you back. As long as the beast is under control.

Back