Phone mount inspiration needed please

Baloo

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket X
Hi everyone,

I want a sensible mount for my phone (Samsung Note 8). I was initially thinking about going keyless and mounting my phone horizontally above the dials/under the screen for protection. Going keyless isn't an option in the foreseeable future so I need to keep access to my ignition and come up with a plan B.
Having been out for a little ride today, I'm now thinking under the dials, I'm sure I can mount it without causing problems against the tank. I intend to integrate a wireless charger pad so am thinking along the lines of the Ram mount finger grip as follows...
RAM Mount UK with a small wireless charger pad permanently wired up and stuck to the mount.

I'm eager to see what other people have done to mount their phones, pics would be good.

Where's the best place to grab a power supply. Should I go straight to battery with a fused live? I've seen lots of talk about random plugs laying about but not quite understood much of it, or what is where. I don't want to cut any original wiring but would prefer to use an ignition live rather than direct to battery if feasible.
(I'm not looking to start a debate about power consumption/drain vs charge rate - I know, but wireless charging suits me).

I use the below for my S8+ which is about the same size as the Note 8

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 6.44.39 PM.png

I like to wander randomly. But will use GPS sometimes. Got a couple of good motorbike specific navigation apps, Calimoto and ESR. Also like to use TomTom Speed Camera app even if not navigating.

Back