Performance Improvement Power Commander

aussierocket

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Roadster
5397_19__30460_zoom.jpg Hi All,

Looking for a little advice on the first mods I will be getting done to my 2010 Roadster.

There are two important things I want to ensure:

1. It looks completely stock (I love it the way it looks now)

2. It has an increase in torque (often mods improve topend)

I am not so concerned about the price, more about the goals and finished outcome.

`

I am considering TORS mufflers, link pipe, Air filter, Power commander and custom dyno tune.

Will the power commander tune remove the restrictions in the first 3 gears?

Has anyone done all these exact mods and what was the improvement.

I really just want it to sound a little tougher and make me laugh a little more when I take off. P

Last edited:
You need TuneEcu to load 20355, the tune for TORs, open the secondary throttle plates 100%. You can copy I3 into I2 and I1 to advance the timing in the lower gears. You can raise the rev limit to as high as the PCV can be tuned, which is 7000 rpm, if you dare, and you can raise the speed limit and correct the speedometer. With that as your base tune, get the PCV dyno tubed.

Don't use the "Tunes" from the Dynojet site in your power commander, get a custom. Those canned tunes aren't even remotely close to correct.

I use a power vision tuner on my Harley which Dynojet sent me three custom tunes based on fuel consumtion. Then again the Power Vision is not a piggy back system. I have never had much luck with piggy back systems and canned tunes. Plan on tune boy once the warranty expires.

It would be the best thing since sliced bread.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Power vision is awesome. If dynojet made one for the truimph I would be on it. Very simple and very effective.

Last edited:
Hi aussie rocket
My bike is 2010 roadster fitted with tors , link pipe , ramair and pcv .
A dyno tune removed the restrictions in first and second gear , opened the secondarys 100%, unified the throttle bodies and removed the top end speed restrictions . The tuner would not use pcv maps and loaded an entirely custom one as Claviger mentioned , the standard pcv maps are well off !
I wouldn't change anything now as the bike is transformed and I bloody love it ! Good luck mate . :thumbsup:

Don't use the "Tunes" from the Dynojet site in your power commander, get a custom. Those canned tunes aren't even remotely close to correct.
Hi aussie rocket
My bike is 2010 roadster fitted with tors , link pipe , ramair and pcv .
A dyno tune removed the restrictions in first and second gear , opened the secondarys 100%, unified the throttle bodies and removed the top end speed restrictions . The tuner would not use pcv maps and loaded an entirely custom one as Claviger mentioned , the standard pcv maps are well off !
I wouldn't change anything now as the bike is transformed and I bloody love it ! Good luck mate . :thumbsup:

Thanks Nat,

When you say transformed, can you elaborate a little? Torque and sound?

When I bought my bike the mods were already fitted , and altho very much faster than a standard bike I had ridden before , 1st and 2nd gear were both short and very lacking in power . I initially put this down to the mods until alot of really knowledgeable guys on this forum pointed me in the right direction . The tors were fitted by a triumph dealer and the triumph tors map was installed ! Then the link pipe and ramair was fitted along with the pcv and a standard pcv map was installed . Both maps together were sending the fueling all over the place especially in first and second gear and then again at the top of the Rev range explaining the loss of torque . The moral of this story is either to fit all mods yourself and then get to a good dyno tuner , or to have the tuner themselves fit the mods and set the ecu and pcv accordingly !
As for the tors , they did seem louder than stock but initially I felt a bit dissapointed that they weren't loud enough . I was getting completely the wrong impression tho sat on the bike listening to them . Around town they have a deep rumble and presence , kinda like an underestimated burble . It's when you wind the beast up they come into their own . Loud but not obnoxious , which I mentioned in a previous post . The biggest smile factor with the tors is the pulse which makes the air behind the bike resinate , I have passed both pedestrians and fellow riders at full chat who have commented that the exhaust pulse literally took their breath away like a huge bass speaker ! Since the tune and the deristriction thru the ecu of the first 2 gears the bike now makes me giggle like a lunatic .
First is strong and dare I say almost dangerous with wheelspin or wheelie on demand and second is now long and strong !
The bike continues to build power right through the Rev range and the howl through the intake is awesome ! The only way to improve on the bikes power now , would either be to change the header or supercharge / turbo but as you , I love the look of the stock bike especially with the tors which are the same shape as the standards but around 8 inches shorter and with a much larger barrel . I have since seen 140 mph with none of the decel popping and banging the bike had before . Apologies to all out there who have heard enough of me banging on but every day with my rocket is a happy one ! :) :) :)

Back