PCV install creating AIT P0113 Code

RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
Afternoon chaps
Strange problem I’m having, purchased a small bundle of Carpenter parts last weekend and just fitted the Brute exhaust today,with the parts came an untested PCV .
Running the bike on a tune from tune ecu as previously no codes,when the power commander is hooked up it throws the PO113 code for the AIT sensor,even stranger is the indicator relay clicks without the indicators actually operating,any suggestions what could be faulty or is the PCV destined for the bin?

Update for anyone who’s interested……………had a couple of hours to myself this afternoon so had a play with the Rocket. Did a search on here and in a post by the electrical guru that is decosse there was an item that gave the ohms value of a good AIT sensor at ambient temperature.
Down to the garage, out with the multimeter and check out mine,all good 2.5 something resistance and just under 5 volts at the feed,which I believe is correct?
Now electrics are really not my strong point but I thought I’d check out the continuity between the AIT plugs on the PCV…… nothing,on closer inspection the double connector is covered in that green powder like corrosion even though the PCV looks to be like new.Quick clean with some fine wire wool and all is good,no fault codes and no relay clicking.
Someone may be able to explain why this poor connection was making the indicator relay click, I don’t know why a dodgy connection here would effect that but as I say I don’t understand the technical side of wiring just happy to have solved another issue for now.

No one seems interested in my thread, but………said I knew little about electrics and here the proof. Didn’t have any instructions with the Power commander as it came with a pile of parts,I connected the fly leads to the AIT sensor as it seemed the obvious choice,has the same connections and seemed to be in the correct place for the length of wires.
After finding some installation instructions online the lead is fitted to the CPS under the small left hand frame cover,just hope I’ve not caused any damage……..all seems ok .

green corrosion deter ate the connection so amps and volts limited and corrosion may have caused a short across the terminals causing the relay to apply but not enough to keep it on.
do not recollect on the hook up connectors.

No one seems interested in my thread, but………said I knew little about electrics and here the proof. Didn’t have any instructions with the Power commander as it came with a pile of parts,I connected the fly leads to the AIT sensor as it seemed the obvious choice,has the same connections and seemed to be in the correct place for the length of wires.
After finding some installation instructions online the lead is fitted to the CPS under the small left hand frame cover,just hope I’ve not caused any damage……..all seems ok .
Trust me this is all good information. Someone sometime is going to have the same issue and now knows what to look for

Back