droopidraws

.020 Over
I have the cat-bypass now with the 12 min. tune, I'm looking for the easiest way to add TORS, I don't think I can handle tuneboy, I'm computer-challenged , PCIII might be an option if it is plug+play, any suggestions greatly appreciated. Anybody using the PCIII with the cat-bypass+TORS and satisfied with the performance? :confused:

That is the combination I've been running for a couple of years now and I've been very happy with it. WIth the PC-III, you need a laptop or computer to load the PC-III software on, then hook the PC-III up to the computer and load the map of your choice from the computer to the PC-III. It's NOT plug and play, but it is very easy.

The easiest thing for you to do is have a dealer install Triumph's TOR/cat by pass tune and be done with it. It will run very good this way as well...

Check with your dealer they should be able to install a factory tune for TOR,s they did for mine.

This is a reasonable choice but you still wind up with the secondaries partially closed in gears 1-3 whether you use the Triumph tune or the PCIII. The only way to undo this limitation with the PCIII is to remove the secondary plates. Otherwise, get Tuneboy, which will allow you to open the secondaries 100%.

This is a reasonable choice but you still wind up with the secondaries partially closed in gears 1-3 whether you use the Triumph tune or the PCIII. The only way to undo this limitation with the PCIII is to remove the secondary plates. Otherwise, get Tuneboy, which will allow you to open the secondaries 100%.
Is the triumph tune still closing the secondaries in 3-5, I don't want less performance than now.

It depends on which tune you have loaded. The aftermarket pipe and TOR pipe tunes have them partially closing in 4th and 5th gears also.

It depends on which tune you have loaded. The aftermarket pipe and TOR pipe tunes have them partially closing in 4th and 5th gears also.
I have the stock tune that came with the bike which is ???? , from reading the threads on this subject, I'll actually lose performance in 3-5 if I add TORS and have the dealer load their tune, unless there is an updated triumph tune.

No. You won't lose any power by adding TORs, but you will theoretically if they load the tune for TORs as Triumph's way of richening the A/F mix is to close the secondaries further to restrict air flow.

Did I read above that you can just remove the plates? Is that a good idea? Wouldn't that screw up daily driving by making the throttle response wacky? Any body done this? how did it work? Would the lean condition resulting from doing it cause a problem, like burned valves/pistons etc? I'd expect that running lean would for sure wreak havoc with the chrome exhaust at least.:confused:
Maybe remove the plates and richen it up with a PCIII? Just thinkin' out loud again.

Back