PCIII. PCV. TuneECU. What's the advantages.

Cobba

Supercharged
Ok, I know this has probably been discussed 100 times before but I'm short on time for an answer so post a link if you can help..
Got an 07 Rocket standard, trip's and jar's. Currently using a TuneECU map #20228.
One of Tripp's maps as suggested to me when I first joined the forum by Dougl.

All working fine, although a little thirsty for my likings (300Ks from a tank on a long trip), but have got an option on an unused PCV for $300.

I have read a heap about PCIII and PCV and understand (from what I believe) that both will work in my 07 bike without a prob, but always wondered if the reward was worth the cost.
Now's my chance to get one at a realistic cost, but still don't really know if the gains are worth the bucks.

From a Dyno tuners point of view, what is easiest to get the best results from, and what's the bonus' with PCV or PCIII.

P.S. Only have a 40 hour time frame for the option so any input is welcome.

Ok, I know this has probably been discussed 100 times before but I'm short on time for an answer so post a link if you can help..
Got an 07 Rocket standard, trip's and jar's. Currently using a TuneECU map #20228.
One of Tripp's maps as suggested to me when I first joined the forum by Dougl.

All working fine, although a little thirsty for my likings (300Ks from a tank on a long trip), but have got an option on an unused PCV for $300.

I have read a heap about PCIII and PCV and understand (from what I believe) that both will work in my 07 bike without a prob, but always wondered if the reward was worth the cost.
Now's my chance to get one at a realistic cost, but still don't really know if the gains are worth the bucks.

From a Dyno tuners point of view, what is easiest to get the best results from, and what's the bonus' with PCV or PCIII.

P.S. Only have a 40 hour time frame for the option so any input is welcome.

The reason I got the PCv was because I wanted the Autotune module that plugs into the PCv.
I works great in conjuction with the TuneECU map files.
Load one into ya ECU and PCv +AT will Auto dyno it over a few Ks of full throttle and Gear changes.. Remaps the ECU tune with regards to Fuel / Air Ratios.

Then you Just accept the Tune Mod and its dynoed.. Cant say its as good as the Dynotune guys but I am now racing..just trying to get the best out of the Beasty..

Hope this Helps:cool:

Thanks Dennsell.
So the Auto tuner is the biggest advantage the PCV has over the PCIII. ?
Am running out of time to accept this deal so will probably take a punt on it and grab it later today.

Thanks Dennsell.
Am running out of time to accept this deal so will probably take a punt on it and grab it later today.
get the PCVC +AT you won't regret it

yes think you will be happy
Hey guys didn't see this thread but if you want the new table I have just finnished making let me know and it's yours it should give you better economy aswell as better alround preformance

I'll certianly be talking to you about it in a few weeks at the island.

I have decided to buy the PCV that was on Ebay but don't have a Auto tuner yet so will look at that as time goes on.

Cheers.
next week I go down yippeee I will have lap top with me, bring a thumb drive:)

Thanks Dennsell.

Your on the right track Cobber, Hope it's in Good Nick.. makes a huge difference and the AT just finishes the process off nicely.. you'll have a bigger Grin :D
It reallysurprised me how well it works.

When you get set up talk to HansO he's a great help...
But for Gawd sake don't tell him he'll get cocky.. LOL.

Your on the right track Cobber, Hope it's in Good Nick.. makes a huge difference and the AT just finishes the process off nicely.. you'll have a bigger Grin :D

When you get set up and HansO is a great help...

I Heard That.!!:D
Glad that new map and the tables worked for you now go back out there a give it to some more to the Suzuki's:rolleyes:

When you get set up talk to HansO he's a great help...

Never been on a bike according to the listing. New, never used for $300.
Not sure what the usual Aussie price is but I'm a few $$ in front I'd think.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Hanso.
Still can't get my head around why you had to build a special tune for your bike.
I understand the bit about having to adjust the Powertripp program to what you've got as they use different values (like comparing US gallons and UK gallons I spose) but isn't that what the AT is there for???

If you had a TuneECU map in your bike that was working reasonably well (like mine is) then shouldn't the AT have been able to refine those values from there anyway??
If not, then why should I pay the extra bucks???

Also, if I've got a different TuneECU to what you've got and different intake/exhaust set up (which I will have soon enough), would the map you've just made work as good for me as it did for you??

The reason I was going down the PCV + AT road was that it would/could self adjust the map as I included my new additions.
That was the winner for me. Now I'm not so sure.

Back