Pazzo Levers worth it?

fnscotsman

.020 Over
Ride
RIII Roadster 2014
Hey guys, I've been considering a new pair of levers for my Rocket Roadster. I find the reach a little far with the stock ones even when in the closest position to the bars.
I see that Pazzo levers are highly recommended but at $170+ are they that much better than all the others that can be picked up for a fraction of that price on eBay and so forth?
I realise the old saying "you get what you pay for" but still they are two an three times more expensive than the others. :confused:
Levers are not exactly "rocket science" (pun intended). So how can one pair justify a huge difference over another?

PS any good experiences with other makes would be welcome.

I have the Street triples (same lever mounting) and they are like Pazzos with the addition of Triumph etched into them very comfortable :D

Thanks Hanson, I like thy idea, do they adjust more than the stock 4 position levers on the r3? Mainly looking to bring them slightly closer to the bar.

they have 1 inch of adjustment thru 6 positions when measured from the near the tip of the lever to the grip I hope that helps.
I never measure the adjustment on the std levers and I always have my levers adjusted all the way out as I have large hands :)

I have a set of shorties somewhere that I ended up taking off. Could never get the clutch right. Either did not disengage properly or insufficient free play.

If it were me - I go more for ASV than PAZZO.

i have the Pazzo longs and they suit me fine , i only had a problem with the clutch side . I have heard some bad storeys about the cheap ebay ones not very good quality

i have the Pazzo longs and they suit me fine , i only had a problem with the clutch side . I have heard some bad storeys about the cheap ebay ones not very good quality

The quality of the Chinese levers varies widely. You have to stick with the better suppliers. We regularly use Pazzo copies that are every bit as robust as the original Pazzos, and cost under USD $30 shipped to the door.

I have used Pazzos on two of my bikes, and Chinese copies on two others. Absolutely no difference IMHO.

The Pazzos are a decent lever. as is the case with many ebay items the no name brands can be a bit of hit and miss. You find some of the manufacturers actually manufacture for the branded companies under licence. If you strike a quality supplier you'll get a quality part. A brand will usually control what is released under they're name hence the confidence of buying a known brand usually will lead to satisfaction of product.

I have never come across a bad Rizoma part for instance. Yes you pay the money but you get the quality. Is it worth it, well it is a matter of perspective. I don't think it is worth it but I am doing it because I want to and to me I like the Rizoma levers best.

Pazzos will provide you a good quality lever, is it worth the punt on an unknown brand? Up to you mate.

I have a set of ebay folding clones on my 'Tona. They were gold, the same(ish) color gold as the Rizoma grips I have when new. Inside of a month they faded pretty badly. They are still gold, but more of a light gold instead of the rich color they were when new. Fitment and function they are flawless.

I intend on ordering real Pazzos for the Rocket, not because of fitment or function, but because black is a notoriously hard color to hold over the long term in anodizing, and all the black china anodized pieces I have ever ordered faded to bronze color pretty quickly. Keep in mind, anodizing right takes time, time costs money and slows production. These are in direct conflict with the China model of manufacturing.

Back