Paul Bryant Viking 3-into-1 header, plus Dain's single muffler = beautiful

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
I had previously installed Dain's muffler, eliminating the cross-over and one pipe.

Yesterday, Paul Bryant's 3-into-1 header showed up in the mail, along with the special clamp that allows to retain the chrome cover.

I did the "12 minute tune".

This morning, I rode the bike to the local shop for annual inspection.

The new sound is just what I was seeking !

Dain's exhaust with the stock header was a bit much.

As another poster noted, the addition of Paul Bryant's header noticeably reduced the bark, leaving the nice "I am 2300 cc's -- notice me" sound.

Thank you both ! @Paul Bryant @Dain

20160903_083413.jpg

I had previously installed Dain's muffler, eliminating the cross-over and one pipe.

Yesterday, Paul Bryant's 3-into-1 header showed up in the mail, along with the special clamp that allows to retain the chrome cover.

I did the "12 minute tune".

This morning, I rode the bike to the local shop for annual inspection.

The new sound is just what I was seeking !

Dain's exhaust with the stock header was a bit much.

As another poster noted, the addition of Paul Bryant's header noticeably reduced the bark, leaving the nice "I am 2300 cc's -- notice me" sound.

Thank you both ! @Paul Bryant @Dain

20160903_083413.jpg
Very nice, I'd love to hear it.

I invite you to visit our nation's great capital, and see some of what is in store there -- most of it free, and while here, swing by.

Short of that, as I've mentioned here before, there are a number of experiences in life just not captured with ordinary video, short of a LUCAS/Spielberg theater setup to both record and play back.

Ok, so to add others into the mix here...

Is the Viking header quieter with all mufflers than the stock manifold or is it just weird Viking/Dain combo that does it?

I like the look of the Viking header with that Rinehart muffler that is posted occasionally, but I don't want to "limit" the sound output.

Thank you !

In a different time -- in a different life -- I would have been a Carpenter or TTS or Lush customer.

Alas, the best I can do now is enjoy all the wonderful Rockets and their Captains vicariously, and on the road, enjoy my de-restricted Touring, which does quite well for itself, thank you.

:D

Back