Passing lamps will not turn on????

Ted Gross

Ignoring the facts doesn't change the facts.
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2012
I have tested the fuses, they are all good. I have tested the lamps and they are good. I tested the on / off dip switch it is good but no power to the switch.

Any ideas on where to look next? I don't not have a schematic of the lighting system for the 2012 Rocket Touring. Can any one share one.

Thanks

Did you check the relay?You have to raise the tank,right hand top frame if memory serves correctly.

You mean the two driving lamps, yes?

I tested the on / off dip switch it is good but no power to the switch.

Are you saying that the the main headlamp is working correctly on both low and high, but you have no power to the Aux Lamps Switch?
Power to the input side of the Aux switch comes from pin 11 of the Left Bar Switch connector plug - that is Blue on the Main Harness side of connector and should be common with pin 8 of same connector (pin 8 feeds hi/lo switch, pin 11 feeds aux switch)
When the aux switch is on, you should have 12V out on pin 12 of same connector (Blue/Black on main harness side)

If you get 12V at those locations, the most likely cause I would have suspected to be Fuse #1; or an Fingers suggests, the relay is directly behind the steering head.

p.s. If you download the schematic you should note there is an error on it wrt the aux lighting connector item 58; that should also have a ground wire connection to that connector. Also note that the main schematic does not show the wiring beyond that connector i.e. to the relay and the lamps themselves.

Also pull ur tank up and check where they plug into the wiring harness I had one of my connector burn in to there on my 08 r3t

Back