passenger floorboards other than stock

blu65ss

.020 Over
Has anyone changed their passenger floorboards for one reason or another? What type were they and what did you need as far as factory hardware? I don't have them on my bike but would like to make it a two up ride once again. Any info would be much appreciated.

Since this is the Touring forum I can only assume that the previous owner had removed the passenger floorboards. You can check with a dealer, Bike Bandit, or Ebay for a set of stock floorboards as I doubt any aftermarket options will fit.

I've had mine off and on. Only a couple of bolts hold them in place, nothing fancy.

boards

i have the rivco ones on my classic,bolt straight on,just remove stock and replace with rivco,you need the re-locaction arms too,or they are too far back,the arms bring them to a more comfy position.the wife loves them.
bloody expensive but good quality kit aint cheap.
go on spoil her !

GPMAZ-the previous owner did remove them and like a dumbass I spaced it, checked with bike bandit and dealer and it'll be about 800.00+ to buy everything I need for it. I can't seem to find the previous owners phone number and can't remember is name to get a hold of him......sucks to be me I guess!

I have the Rivcos, but I would not recommend them for use with a heel-toe shifter (especially Rivco's setup) as they are quite small compared to the Triumph boards and if your shoe size is a 10 or up your left foot can get hung up between the shifter arms very easily. The Rivcos may look better, but the triumph boards function way better comfort-wise and ergonomically.

Touring forum Phil, he's looking for a pair of R3T passenger boards. As far as I know there aren't any options to fit the stock mounting points for the R3T other than the stock pieces. Not really something there would be much of a market for since the R3T comes with passenger boards.

Try keeping an eye on Ebay Motors. Under motorcycle parts and accessories do a search for Rocket 3 Touring. There are a couple of guys who regularly part out Rockets, you might get lucky and find a set there.

Touring forum Phil, he's looking for a pair of R3T passenger boards. As far as I know there aren't any options to fit the stock mounting points for the R3T other than the stock pieces. Not really something there would be much of a market for since the R3T comes with passenger boards.

Try keeping an eye on Ebay Motors. Under motorcycle parts and accessories do a search for Rocket 3 Touring. There are a couple of guys who regularly part out Rockets, you might get lucky and find a set there.

I've been watching ebay for several months now, just thought I'd try some input from others on here, thanks!

Early Cognitive Disorder, Harry, but thanks anyway for the correction.;)

Hah, just wait a few years. If I didn't put a postit on my monitor reminding me where to find my bookmarks, I'd never get back to this place....

Back