Passenger backrest for R3R

kc0ace

.020 Over
Have a 2011 R3R that I would like to put a passenger backrest on for my wife. Thing is I have a hard time with the price of the Triumph one. So wondering if someone knows of a after market or maybe one from a different bike that would work.

Thanks,

KC0ACE

http://www.r3owners.net/threads/2nd-run-quick-release-sissy-bar-roadster-classic-standard.20336/

Hi Mate,
I still have these kit available. You would still need back rest and pad and luggage rack from triumph. Although i do have these parts second hand too.

Tony,
Twas gandering at your sweet project and got an idea. I have used Easy brackets for years and coming up with a way to mount a flat luggage rack without drilling the rear fender, has been problematic.
Using your extended Easy Bracket bolts and the two flanges, could one mount a flat level rack using the four bolt holes?
No back rest desired.

Tony,
Twas gandering at your sweet project and got an idea. I have used Easy brackets for years and coming up with a way to mount a flat luggage rack without drilling the rear fender, has been problematic.
Using your extended Easy Bracket bolts and the two flanges, could one mount a flat level rack using the four bolt holes?
No back rest desired.
Are you wanting a set of mounting posts (no brackets)?
Problem is - I have more brackets than post kits.
Let me know and i will do a proper count to be sure

Sure there would be someone in US that has a spare one somewhere. I have one but the postage to the US would not make it w viable.

Are you wanting a set of mounting posts (no brackets)?
Problem is - I have more brackets than post kits.
Let me know and i will do a proper count to be sure

I be asking your opinion regarding my thought of using your two brackets AND extended Easy Bracket posts to fab a luggage rack over the rear fender
with NO backrest?

Tony-Back-Rest-Plates.jpg

Last edited:
I be asking your opinion regarding my thought of using your two brackets AND extended Easy Bracket posts to fab a luggage rack over the rear fender
with NO backrest?

Tony-Back-Rest-Plates.jpg
Ahh... Got it.
I had been thinking of the same/similar thing...
Re doing the bracket so the uprights are towards the front. Or making a luggage rack for the passenger area (Solo seat config)

Ahh... Got it.
I had been thinking of the same/similar thing...
Re doing the bracket so the uprights are towards the front. Or making a luggage rack for the passenger area (Solo seat config)

WAY COOL!!!
When will it be delivered???

@1olbull , I've got one I'll sell you cheap. Bought it for mine, but it won't fit because my solo seat is to high (Corbin gunslinger). It's made for the type solo seat you have.
http://www.bike-connection-warehous...lo-rack-for-rocket-iii-classic-2006--2009.php

Let me know if you're interested. I Started fabricating my own last week (a year overdue!), and should have it done in a couple weeks. Mittzy's quick release system would be great too though and versatile for multiple rack styles.

Back