JoDon

.020 Over
Does anyone know what is going on with Triumph and OEM parts availability in the US...?

I dropped my 2013 Roadster this summer and needed a headlight. It was back ordered and took over two weeks to get one. Then in October my gas gauge stopped working and they first said the it was the sender... Another 2 week wait. That did not fix it so it was then determined it was the ECM. First Triumph would not cover it under warranty and now that they finally said they would they say there are none in the US and won't be until at least late December at the earliest.

Bike has been in the shop waiting on Parts and Triumph since October 21st... I have never had this problem with any other bike but I am beginning to believe Triumph doesn't stock OEM parts in the US and all the dealers in the Southeast are not willing to keep any stock.

worse here in Auss I get my part for less than half of what it costs here and get it faster from NCY SoCal USA
an example to buy a 1 injector here $350 from NCY about $160 after current exchange rate total cost for three plus some spare O rings for them $570 including postage if I had bought here I would have been up for $1,050 and that is without the spare O rings plus I would have to drive 100km (approx 60 mile) so you then have cost of fuel, so you can see you have it pretty good
oh and half the time you order stuff of triumph here it can take 3 months +

You can try here sometimes... I have 3 places that I know of within 1/2 hour riding distance from me that sells Triumphs... and they rarely have stock parts... even rear tires...

Do what I did .. buy a second bike. Only time in my life I've had to own two bikes just so I can ride every day. Parts are the problem here as well. When I crashed my R3 I had a page of parts on order .. Triumph Australia could supply 4 out of 40+ bits.

Bike has been in the shop waiting on Parts and Triumph since October 21st... I have never had this problem with any other bike but I am beginning to believe Triumph doesn't stock OEM parts in the US and all the dealers in the Southeast are not willing to keep any stock.

Bike bandit is where I get my Triumph parts but they have to order from Triumph and it takes about.....2 weeks. Having more than one bike is the only solution to this problem that I can think of.

Two is better than one and three is better than two :D...or you could be like Mexican and stuff 5 in the garage

Back