Parts Availability

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
I notice that on the Triumph website spares lists that a lot of parts are no longer available. I thought that it was a rule that when a model was discontinued the manufacturer was required by law to continue to make parts for a period of 10 years. It appears this is not the case now. I am thinking any major parts we may need in the future we may have trouble getting them and may end up with a scrap bike in the worst cases. Any comments or have i got it wrong?

I notice that on the Triumph website spares lists that a lot of parts are no longer available. I thought that it was a rule that when a model was discontinued the manufacturer was required by law to continue to make parts for a period of 10 years. It appears this is not the case now. I am thinking any major parts we may need in the future we may have trouble getting them and may end up with a scrap bike in the worst cases. Any comments or have i got it wrong?
This is a major fear of mine. Parts availability for my 1979 t140v is better than ever and quite cheap still. Parts for 05 to 19 R3 expensive and hard to get. You'd almost think we live in a disposable culture....

Have not experience any problems in obtaining parts. A few months ago planned on doing some work to the Rocket X. Spent around $723.91 and got everything within two months Then the transmission went south and ordered over $1000.00 in parts and special tools. No issues there either. I use Hermy's here in the states and they are really good folks.

That 's the same in France ! I have ordered the coolant pipes since the 4th of November at my local Triumph dealer and nothing arrives !
The possibility to have parts is worst and worst !

I've read mixed reports on this in the past, but I believe it's not a "law" per say; rather a voluntary expectation.
-MIG

I have just received a message from the English site World of Triumph ! They say that the T2105117 RAD TO PUMP COOLANT HOSE is out of stock at the Triumph factory until the 8th January 2021 ! Do you smell the coffin's perfume ?

Back