kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
Ive always disliked the chrome bearclaw and have considered painting it for years. I gone through a lot of the member gallery and only see where guys have repainted it when they modified it when they added the intake filters that are exposed. I was just wondering if anyone has repainted the stock chrome claw . I can't make up my mind if I should gloss it or make it match the cases, Are there any pictures where this has been done. I would love to see them.

Ive always disliked the chrome bearclaw and have considered painting it for years. I gone through a lot of the member gallery and only see where guys have repainted it when they modified it when they added the intake filters that are exposed. I was just wondering if anyone has repainted the stock chrome claw . I can't make up my mind if I should gloss it or make it match the cases, Are there any pictures where this has been done. I would love to see them.

Powder coated

full

If your prepared to practice and be patient. 3M shrinkwrap. Any color and if you decide chromes in again you can peel it off. Got rid of a lot of chrome on mine with this stuff and when the chrome and plastic fails more on radiator covers I plan to use this stuff to hold it together also. Got a of of it free from a workmate a while back we were wrapping everything

Just take it off. I removed my bear claw the day i bought the bike and run without it. Doesnt look out of place and makes it easy to keep an eye on the coolant level too. I had a look a while back and think it's simple enough to unbolt the front and rear mounting points to tidy things up but haven't got around to it.

I sprayed mine along with my radiator shrouds with Plastidip. It looked good and lasted well and when I got tired of the look, I peeled it off and went back to chrome.

Back