paint rattle final verdict

coneye

.060 Over
Ride
rt3 , lowrider , xjr1300 650 v stromn
Ok , Only starting this one to ask ,some questions , I know theres a million threads on it and i've read most , but they only leave me confused so here goes .

Myself i have a 08 tourer I also have a couple of mates with 08 tourers rmember rt3 not classics , . From what i have read prevous models it was common and triumph stepped up and fixed them even out of warranty. , I also read that it did'nt happen so much in the rt3's and 08 models onwards .. .

Now both my mates have done around 30-35 thousand miles one develpoed the rattle a while back and the other just recently ., One is in discusions with the dealer who has suggested he may be given the parts and have to pay for labor , the other was apparantly fobbed off , told it was nothing to worry about , so he got the poops with the dealer and triumph and has now traded his in

. Myself i have listened and when i start mine cold its fine if i gently rev it , i can hear a faint rattle , my mates well thats a LOUD rattle on startup (it goes when warm ) . Mine is still under warranty so i am anxious to get it fixed if its going to need it, i have only done 12 thousand miles

So heres a few questions .

1- Is it specific to certain vin numbers my last 3 numbers are 519

2-Does it start faint, and get worse.

3--Does it actually do any damage or just sound bad

4-- What damage does it mean is happening

I know for a fact that my dealers has done some bikes with the dreaded rattle , but from what i'm hearing there more likely, to try and fob you off now, rather than fix them, , i'm thinking perhaps its just too common , and thats the reason theres no recall and triumph are changing there way of thinking when it comes to standing by them .

So my main question is does it get worse i donn't know with mine because the motor makes so many noises which is to be expected given its a big motor, i don't know if i have no problem or a big one about to start .

Thanks in advance

Gus at Baxter's is an expert on this. He once went into great detail explaining what can cause that sound. I would be hesitant to try to relay the info. But, he would be glad to share with you. He's just that kind of guy.

Back