Robert2901

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket Touring 2008
Hi All, had my R3T for four months now. Because of the really bad weather in Germany this summer, have only ridden about 1000 kms so far. Getting used to the weight and the counter steering method is a god send. Really love the bike and grin like a Cheshire Cat every time I get on it.

With the winter coming, am planning to do a couple of things. Firstly, the color! Have the black/red version and although not bad, want to have the bike resprayed (paint is showing its age anyway, 2008) Thinking of a black metallic shade. Anyone got one this color? If so, would appreciate a couple of pics.

Will also be having the seats done in leather. Live in Germany so tips on addresses not really needed, has anyone however had their seats done in leather? Again, would appreciate pics, also on possible drop in seat height. Am 5ft 11", so although not that tall, still much too tall for the series wind shield.

Love reading all your stories. Great to have found you

Ride safe, Robert

Welcome to the forum, black is nice but Orange is faster and more notable to find in a crowd with a bunch of black bikes:)

Don't forget every one has a black bike so it would be like having a Harly, You have a Rocket so your be better off painting a different colour, because the rocket is different, I VOTE for orange with black tribal your have a fast bike and be separated from the HARLEY want a be's :)

It doesn't matter that there a lot of black H D's all cz a R3 has to do is grab some throttle and there is a big separation!.

Welcome from Northern Nevada. I had my old Harley seat covered in leather and I LOVED it. Paint is cool. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Howdy & Welcome from East Texas :D
Paint it black, add addt'l color stripes/graphics. If your gonna paint it go for different :thumbsup:

Back