greeneyedmonster

Standard Bore
Got back from my 5,000 mi. sprint to Texas and back, while in Texas at the stealership for a new Metzler, started bike on a cold morning and.....what the hell is that fn noise!

Decided to run it as is due to the break in the weather for the return trip [ noise goes away after warm up ] The Monster ran great all the way back say for the initial noise every morning. Took the old girl to my man Clint at Cycle Parts in Eugene. He calls back the next day and says he had talked with Tiumph and they say run it! He did find three loose intake valves that he reset for free as he had done the 10,000 just before I left on my trip.

I am out of warrenty since Nov., Question, will the dealer sell me an extended warrenty or do I need to pursue this by other means?

Thanks in advance for any input, Brad

Brad: Triumph has been stepping up to the plate and fixing these problems for free even with the bike out of warranty! First, check your radiator surround for loose bolts as some of the problems with a rattle have been loose top and bottom bolts. I thought I had the dreaded rattle but mine turned out to be five loose bolts in my radiator surround; however this doesn't mean that is your problem, only an area to check.

If Triumph, in fact told you and your dealer to run it, and you have the proof they indeed indicated that, then that should be evidence that they indeed will cover a problem if it surfaces. So I would ask the dealer for that in writing, that they indicated to run the bike!

Native One

If it really gets to bothering you, you can contact Peter at Triumph of America. Triumph has been covering the rattle problem out of warrenty for some time now.

Had my paint can rattle fixed for the second time one year out of warranty. Triumph is good about fixing known problems even out of warranty. Which dealer did you use in Texas?

I was at Alamo Bmw/Triumph in Beorne tx, seem like nice guys but no savings were shown to me, $400.00 for a new Metz intalled! And they found it necessary to remove my corbin bag to change the bloody thing, Clint would have laughed!

Will talk to Rod the owner of the Eugene store and see if he is happy with were I am, good guy really, not too worried but they may as well fix the old girl while I am away in Alaska. Never know when I may need to get a Rocket fix durning the summer!

thanks for the input

Brad

Back