PAINT CAN RATTLE

owl

Turbocharged
No way to tell from where I'm sitting, but I worried about the same thing a couple of years ago, until I took off the radiator shrouds and found two loose bolts rattling around in there.

Good luck.

ive got a keychain-like rattle when operating the bike, but since I have a motoplan bellypan, I thought it was the wire shroud over the pipe at the front of the engine rubbing against the bellypan where I had (probably) incorrectly fitted it on. :?

Also +1 to what Owl said. I was cleaning my bike this weekend and the top bolts holding the radiator shroud were very loose and were probably loose from the very beginning. I tightened them and no rattle. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Native One

After finding the rad shroud bolts all loose/missing, I went over the entire bike with loctite - surprising how many loose bolts you find when you're looking.

redhorse said:
I was coming back from Port Mcquarie in NSW
and noticed a rattle at around 2500rpm that
sounded like a washer rattling or vibrating
on a loose bolt.

Is this the dreaded Paint can rattle associated
with the cam tensioner, or just a loose
washer somewhere. :? :? :? :? :?
Get it checked out, my mate had the 'Paint can rattle sound' esp when firing up from cold.. Turned out he had a loose piston & sleeve.( warrenty job) Bike is fine now.

KayTee said:
+1 Owl. Wondered why the radiator shroud top piece was loose. When I took the sides off the left top piece bolt was loose and the right one was gone!

One day i was removing the slack in the strering and i (lost)a nut inside the bike
I went to look for this nut ,i took everything off did not find it !!!
and out of 28 nut and bolt 13 were loose !!!......that's was only the radiator area :shock:

Back