P1690 error code

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
I installed a MC Cruise cruise control and it worked fine. Added a SupaBrake 3 brake light modulator and a Smart Brake Module which senses when the bike is slowing down and flashes the brakes to let people behind me know that I am slowing down. Everything worked as it should except the Smart Brake Module when it would signal the brakes to flash would be sensed by the cruise control and it would disengage because it thought the brakes were being used. I added a 3 amp diode up stream of the Smart Brake Module so when it flashed the brakes, it would not be picked up by the cruise control.

However after doing this, the Engine management malfunction indicator light came on and the cruise control did not respond to the decelerate button on the cruise control control panel.

I have removed the Smart Brake Module and the diode.

The engine management malfunction indicator light is still on. Using TuneECU it is giving the error code P1690, Malfunction of CAN-Bus communication.

I see a button which gives the option to reset the codes.

Is it OK for me to reset the codes and then see what happens? Do I need to do something else before resetting the code?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you.

I am hoping that removing the diode will fix the P1690 error code and removing the Smart Brake Module will fix the problem with the cruise control. I may have to reset the computer for the cruise control.

This is the first time I have used TuneECU and did not want to do anything without asking the more experienced users first. Do not want to go from bad to worse re: the ECU.

Back