Todd

Standard Bore
Ride
2010 triumph rocket touring
I have my 10 r3 t at the dealer for over heating. It’s just started being bad and they are telling me that the thermostat was stuck open and that I ether have a blown head gasket or cracked block. I have no leaks, no water in the oil, and no steam from the exhaust. The service manager told me that the crack is heating up the water from a exhaust crack. I’m just not understanding how this can be! Has anyone else ever seen this???

Welcome to the forum Todd.

What were the symptoms that led you to believe she was overheating in the first place? These motors not really known for blowing head gaskets, rocker gaskets are an issue but not head gaskets. Never heard of anyone experiencing cracked blocks either. Has the bike been crashed at all?

I have my 10 r3 t at the dealer for over heating. It’s just started being bad and they are telling me that the thermostat was stuck open and that I ether have a blown head gasket or cracked block. I have no leaks, no water in the oil, and no steam from the exhaust. The service manager told me that the crack is heating up the water from a exhaust crack. I’m just not understanding how this can be! Has anyone else ever seen this???
where are you so we can avoid this dealer??????

Back