lea3792

.020 Over
I removed the secondaries and shortly there after my baby started to over heat. The fix could be easy, just remove the radiator cap and add anti freeze, except when I started to remove the radiator cap, I discovered a small screw (possible a set screw) on the side of the cap. I don't know if this little screw is supposed to there or warn me of something (don't remove the cap) or the previous owner messed up and put a screw there to hold the cap in place. Has any one bumped into this situation before or heard of this. Does any one have a fix. I am reluctant because if I remove that screw, I may be letting myself in for some serious and expensive trouble . MANY THANKS!!!!

Lea

Oh by the way I have a 2006 classic. Again THANKS

That small screw on the side of the cap is just an extra safety feature to keep the cap from unscrewing and coming loose. You must loosen it before removing radiator cap.

Thanks Bobby for the quick reply. By any chance would you know what may be the reason she over heats.

Lea

I removed the secondaries and shortly there after my baby started to over heat. The fix could be easy, just remove the radiator cap and add anti freeze, except when I started to remove the radiator cap, I discovered a small screw (possible a set screw) on the side of the cap. I don't know if this little screw is supposed to there or warn me of something (don't remove the cap) or the previous owner messed up and put a screw there to hold the cap in place. Has any one bumped into this situation before or heard of this. Does any one have a fix. I am reluctant because if I remove that screw, I may be letting myself in for some serious and expensive trouble . MANY THANKS!!!!

Lea

Oh by the way I have a 2006 classic. Again THANKS
What were the circumstances under which the bike was operating when it began to overheat?

Are you losing coolant? Is the overflow bottle empty? My first guess would be bad radiator cap.

Water Wetter

Im a Big Big fan of water wetter additives. RedLine, I believe, is that which I have praised on numerous occasions. Search for "water wetter".

Hot running may be solved quickly with distilled water (always distilled) with a measure of a water wetter product with a smidgen of winterizing anti-freeze later.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - WaterWetter® Coolant Additives
The fact is Ive called it ProLine but it is RedLine that Ive intended to praise.

The Flipmeister, sidecarflipper, has added his dissertation on cavitation that is quite informative. Cavitation of water molecules in an alluminium :rolleyes: cooling system is not gud.

I have a 09 touring and when it gets hot it wants to make a popping noise,almost like a back fire some thing like that when i am gearing down.has any one ever herd of that happening.i took it to the shop and they though i was crazy. Its not all of the time ,but drives me crazy i tryed different grades of gas and it still happens

I have a 09 touring and when it gets hot it wants to make a popping noise,almost like a back fire some thing like that when i am gearing down.has any one ever herd of that happening.i took it to the shop and they though i was crazy. Its not all of the time ,but drives me crazy i tryed different grades of gas and it still happens

It's called decel popping. Happens around the same rpm range. probably between 2-3k rpm?

First post? Welcome to the site.. Navigate to the touring route for Touring specific questions. My first guess is an out of sinc throttle body.

Look into TuneECU or TuneBoy.

Back