Out of Practice

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by Toystoretom, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Toystoretom

ToystoretomLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    I had a chance to get out Sunday afternoon on the Rocket. Its been fairly cold here during the last few winter months but I have been able to sneak in a ride here and there. I went out east of town and got into some of the smaller county roads that are much more fun to ride on (if you can dodge the John Deere tractors). I found out one thing... I'm not very sharp in my riding skills. Entering corners too fast or too slow... not holding a line... just sloppy. The ole Rocket is a big bike and it shows if you are a little sloppy. It took awhile but I was able to get some of it back. Its kinda like using the "swartz"... when you are attacking these things on an almost subconscious level and kicking some butt it becomes a lot more fun..

Hurry up spring :D:D

2. vonbonds

vonbondsSupercharged

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Tomo, atleast you could get out and ride. The cold isn't a big deal for me since I have winter riding gear but the salt here is driving me nuts! We need a few good days of constant rain to clean this area up. I am envious of you for getting out!!! :)

3. Dragoneye

Dragoneye.020 Over

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    The salt is so bad here you could do a burnout with a bicycle......everything is white:mad:

4. Pig9r

Pig9rLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    We went about the whole month of Feb without any rain however when anything was forecasted they douched the roads with a brine solution so the salt was bad here. One short ride and everything get coated with a fine salt dusting.

5. Hondax

HondaxModerator

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
    No salt here. Since picking up me bike about 5 weeks ago, I've logged about 500 miles. If the mud dries tomorrow on the gravel road i live on I'll be out again. Supposed to get near 70f.:D

Thank you Tomo for spell check:)