Out of left field.

nzfreeriders

.020 Over
Ride
06 Rocket3
So I finally have my bike back but now its pissisting down so off with the exhausts...im trying to figure out which way to replace the mufflers at this stage so at least it sounds good.After much head scratching i find my wifes old Suzuki SV650 muffler and a cunning if not crazy plan hatches...mock up doesn't look too bad,of course I will gut the pipe to make larger baffles..what do you guys reckon?..price is right.

Attachments

• WP_20151122_005.jpg
    WP_20151122_005.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20151122_004.jpg
    WP_20151122_004.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_20151122_001.jpg
    WP_20151122_001.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 3
When I was at your mod stage (using OEM headers) I eliminated the crossover and went with a single can.
Recommend you keep the can down close to rear axle height for Pannier clearance and tuck it into swing arm best as possible to retain good lean angle.
Just my 2 cents worth . . .

When I was at your mod stage (using OEM headers) I eliminated the crossover and went with a single can.
Recommend you keep the can down close to rear axle height for Pannier clearance and tuck it into swing arm best as possible to retain good lean angle.
Just my 2 cents worth . . .
Yeah good point ,I best mock up with those on as well.

To be honest, it doesn't look out of place.
The bikes got enough curves so the curved muffler sort of fits ay...my other option was to sling a shortened muffler under the bike with a dump pipe out each side...the Suzi pipe kinda is different..will let it sit for a while and see if it grows on me.

Back