Original TORS internal pics needed

Busaboy

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I think one of my TORS pipes is the source of a resonance buzz during accel and decel. Originally I thought it was the license plate but a bunch of rubber bumpers later and the buzz persists. A few raps with a rubber mallet identified one of the TORS as the likely offender. I took the end cap off but not much to see. If I remove the pipe can I get to the innards of the pipe?

I wasn't able to do much inside the pipes. I had a spare set of stock pipes, and there's no easy to get inside. TORS are likely the same. Maybe others have had luck.

MarvinM

There likely isnt much you can do. I have looked into gutting them with as little destruction as possible, and have concluded that it will be difficult to say the least!!

Looking from behind, they seem to blend right into the outlet with a slight ledge that appears to only be tacked in place. A view from the front shows roughly the same thing. As I recall, the louvers in the inner pipe open to the front and inward. If a person was to carefully cut the tacks in the front and rear, the tube may slide out, hopefully dragging the glass mat with. When I get a set of replacements, I will perform surgery and post pics. Unfortunately, money is tight and it will not be all together soon. There are always more important things (roof, fence, braces, dr's, etc) to spend funds on.

Best of luck!!

Back