.org forum (German)

Rocket65

Supercharged
Lots of talk of Rocket problems. The German to English translation is literal, but you can still make out what they are saying. They have Rockets but are a bit insulting to English made products in some cases. (Maybe old WWII anger) Just reading on the forum where a guy is changing his valve cover to a chrome one and shows pics of tons of rust on his camshaft. He swears there is no water intrusion but to me there has to be water in the oil from some source.

I'm a member on .org - give me a thread link and I'll have a look. I don't need to translate ;).

I lived there for a fair number of years. They tend to be fairly critical of MOST things ime. Mind you they are generally happy to pay extra to get better.

Don't know how to embed from another forum but it is. www.rocket3.org post heading is "It's enough" by "Nobility" about replacing his valve cover gasket and what he found. Choose Forums and Galerie, then Repairs, warranty issues-defects.

Last edited:
Don't know how to embed from another forum but it is. www.rocket3.org post heading is "It's enough" by "Nobility" about replacing his valve cover gasket and what he found. Choose Forums and Galerie, then Repairs, warranty issues-defects.
Got it - Google don't half translate bad.

Looks like an engine that's been warmed up then left stood somewhere with little or no oil in. That or localised chemical damage.
A mess indeed - I'd be pissed too. Seen that sort of thing in engines from breakers yards.
To me it looks as if it's been poorly maintained. Even the cam lobes look wrong - dry.

Yeah, I can understand a guy freaking out after seeing that. Seems like it would take moisture and some time with no oil on the parts. With snow on the ground, maybe his bike has been sitting for a couple of months now and he didn't know he had a head gasket leak or something.

Back