Orange tag trick

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
A long time ago I started using small orange tags with string attached to them. Right now I am putting my R3 back together . When I was trying to dig my way down to the water temp sensor , I had to unplug a large number of eletrical connectors. I ID them on the tag then tie the string to them. First of all it may look like a Christmas decoration , but it makes them a lot easier to spot, plus you know where they go. It has worked for me for a lot of years.

Good idea Russ, fortunatley if you loose a tag all the important plugs under the tank are different except the turn signal and fog lights, if it don't fit it don't go there:D

Good idea Russ, fortunatley if you loose a tag all the important plugs under the tank are different except the turn signal and fog lights, if it don't fit it don't go there:D

Good observation Scott

I always put assemblies back together as they come off, that way I don't have to remember where all the bolts and such go.

Wires and such get masking tape and labeled in matching pairs of letters. It works. I like the orange tag idea though. I can get huge bags of tags like that at work.

I tend to photograph as I go, works for me. I can get everything bak exactly as I found it.

I use both methods. Photographs and making tape with notation. Whatever it takes to get the job done...there's no wrong way really, just your way.:cool:

Back