Orange HD dont think so

Watcher

It's about the journey not just the ride
Ride
2017 slingshot
IMG_2197.JPG

The so called Orange HD did good at the last bike night of the year and got best bike of the year so the pop cycle did good all but 1 other was a HD went with out the fairing because I'm doing some mods to it

Have to admit Harley D has come up with quite a variety of colors in the past couple of years. Some i really like some are a little off the wall.........Perfect for a magical mystery tour,especially when you add a little flake...;)

Last edited:
Well congratulations on the contest
I was talking to a friend of mine on ham radio the other night and he was telling me about the color he was going to paint his Harley this winter. So I was looking through my picture files and came up with a picture of your bike from Maggie Valley send it to him and he said exactly the color he was wanting at least he is up next to Akron Ohio so you shouldn't run into him.

"Orange is about the worst color for a bike."

I'll have to agree on that one, a friend of mine who used to be heavily into the Gold Wing crowd has an orange Gold Wing, when he went to the Harley side he bought an orange HD tourer...he still has both but his wife says that while both are very good comfort wise on long trips that the Gold Wing is the better bike...small surprise. Since I have had my HD, while it is a nice bike, it is not close to the level of a Gold Wing in terms of ride, speed, power and putting long amounts of distance on the road in a day.

Having said that, while my seat wasn't the most comfortable on my 2007 Rocket III Classic, when I did my one day trip of 855 miles from Key West to Molino in 2008 I had more of an "adventure" feeling riding my bike than I would have if I had attempted to make the trip on a Harley.

And my red Road Glide Ultra looks a lot better than any orange HD.

...less than two weeks to go...I hope!

Dennis

"Orange is about the worst color for a bike."

I'll have to agree on that one, a friend of mine who used to be heavily into the Gold Wing crowd has an orange Gold Wing, when he went to the Harley side he bought an orange HD tourer...he still has both but his wife says that while both are very good comfort wise on long trips that the Gold Wing is the better bike...small surprise. Since I have had my HD, while it is a nice bike, it is not close to the level of a Gold Wing in terms of ride, speed, power and putting long amounts of distance on the road in a day.

Having said that, while my seat wasn't the most comfortable on my 2007 Rocket III Classic, when I did my one day trip of 855 miles from Key West to Molino in 2008 I had more of an "adventure" feeling riding my bike than I would have if I had attempted to make the trip on a Harley.

And my red Road Glide Ultra looks a lot better than any orange HD.

...less than two weeks to go...I hope!

Dennis

I know someone with an orange and black Valkyrie, it is pretty eye catching. I also think the screaming eagle orange is pretty sharp. For some reasons I think bike design has a lot to do with what looks good on it.

Watcher...I owe you an apology...I saw the bike and from the title of the post I assumed it was an HD...which is why I made the comments I did. On second look I viewed the bike more closely and realized this was a Rocket not an HD. Sorry but congratulations it must have taken a lot for the "judges" to not nominate an HD for the top spot. I am still not that big a fan of the orange color (the friend I originally mentioned had orange as his color on the GW and the HD because he is a Florida Gator fan). The 2013 HD's are passing off their orange/brown mixed paint as a "root beer" color and I have not been impressed with that color line. Harley's have great paint jobs but the bikes from year to year are pretty much the same. This coming year they have the "Rushmore" models that offer a different lid line on the tourpaks of the tourers, a new and much needed update to their stereo head unit and of course they are now "experimenting" with a water cooled header configuration that should (finally...they may have seen the light) give them more room to go before hitting the "EPA" wall that limited their HP and torque. They have always (maybe fantasized is a better word) listed their torque numbers but you will notice they haven't been making any claims about horsepower in their brochures at all and because of the low "estimated" numbers the HD faithful have been throwing around that was probably for the best.

As we have found out with our Rockets, getting more HP and torque out of our engines can end up being a pretty expensive proposition...just imagine trying to do the same with an air cooled engine and you would be talking a lot more money with not all that much more increase in numbers. At least with the "Rushmore" project they are trying to break out of their traditional thinking. Whether or not the HD faithful will welcome this is another question.

I...uh...will not be sticking around to find that out.

Dennis

Molinoman its all good I can take a ribbing I like the orange I think becuase one of my first cars 69 camaro was hugger orange and have all ways liked it that and triumph says go your own way I think I have done that :)

Back