Open secondaries....not impressed

snicrep

Supercharged
Ride
08 r3 touring
I set my secondaries to wide open a while back, and either i feel no diff or even a little slow in the low end.
Ive heard talk about fuel ratios but have no idea how to proceed. Bike runs pretty good tho, just not that fast on the low end acce.

I think you trade off a bit of torque by opening up or removing the secondaries when snapping the throttle open in a higher gear. I'm guessing it creates a temporary lean condition. If that is the case, try closing the full throttle position a bit while accelerating to see if it goes faster (mine does). On my ride when I want to accelerate in a higher gear, I just role on the throttle a bit slowly to reduce that sudden lean condition or downshift to let her rev...

And the touring is low on torque anyway, especially if youre out of the torque zone, and twist it with or without butterflies its not much there. like gregger says downshift, get in the torque zone and rip it, with the tune you have, 1st and 2nd may still be down on power and torque, opening those secondaries helps, you may just cant feel it, not an increase I believe is felt on a stock touring but its there, more air faster, the ecm is closing the secondries as you approach max if you approach max,removing butterflies keeps ecm from closing as you get way up there in tp

Last edited:
I set my secondaries to wide open a while back, and either i feel no diff or even a little slow in the low end.
Ive heard talk about fuel ratios but have no idea how to proceed. Bike runs pretty good tho, just not that fast on the low end acce.
Just opening the secondaries will result in a loss of power. Since the throttle bodies only control airflow, the result will be lean.
A proper tune with fuel and timing will get you the results you are looking for.

I made a map for my touring with values from Rodster with 100% secondaries. This is much better than stock!) But I think the standard exhaust makes it difficult to reach full power.

I copied the values of all the maps from Roadster to touring maps. I used TuneECU.
Here's my map. Speed ajust -4.5%, speed limit 238 km / h

Attachments

• 20367Map (from ECU) (100 2nd throttle) (from roadster).hex
    282.3 KB · Views: 14
I copied the values of all the maps from Roadster to touring maps. I used TuneECU.
Here's my map. Speed ajust -4.5%, speed limit 238 km / h
Is your touring completely stock? How does it run ? Some say you cant put roadster map values in a touring but obviously you did and sounds like you like it.

Back