Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
:(
Had my new Metz, mounted last night at my local triumph dealer and they tore the hell out of my rim. It looks like someone took a grinder to it.
I got a (they are hell putting them on we did the best we could). So I went in and talked to the owner he went out and looked then never saw him again. The Mechanic came out and said sorry and they will try and make it up the next time I come in. I said my 10,000 is due:D
But serously I am very dissapointed in the way they marked it up. They wont be putting my next one on unless they get a new machine.

(NO IM NOT GOING DARK SIDE GREG);)

.....We discussed this at ES.....The Triumph wheel is unique in that it's not a 'drop center' wheel. Drop centers allow the bead, when it's grip is removed from the shoulder, to move into the 'drop center' area and allow the opposite bead to be removed. That's not the case with the OEM rim, so, at least in my opinion, it would be easier to cut the old tire off with a cutoff wheel (being careful at the sealing bead) and mount the new tire by hand with tire irons and plenty of rim lubricant.....Something shops don't do today. People prefer mindless machines over the personal touch.

what a bummer

Paul,
next time, wether you go darkside or regular moto, get a car tire place to remove the old tire and mount the new one. You'll be much happier with the price and the results. I'm bummed out about your wheel, that really sucks.:mad: they should have known better....

greg

Dave,
the tire was 215 but they charge 90 to mount.:(
I have a place in mind for next time, they have a new machine they bought just for the larger tires on custom bikes. I would have taken my bike there but don't know if I trust them with taking the whole wheel off and replacing.
With new tire mounting and new rear breaks they got me for 419$ total. can you say bend over.
I am seriously thinking I want a new rim. I hate my stuff being messed up especially if I'm not the one who messed it up.

OH ya! yes Heather I put a new tire on the bike so my brother could borrow my truck while he was down here.

Ouch... Although the place I take mine charges me $70 to mount.. so not much difference there.. Really they didn't gouge you too bad on price.. If they hadn't gouged your rim, that is.

There's an add in the Classifieds with rims, though I don't know if they guy has responded to anybody.. and they also come up on Ebay on occaision. OR.. you could go the $$$$$$ route and get those CF rims.. They really would look GREAT! on your bike....:D OR.. better yet.. get the gouge smoothed out and have them powder coated black!

Sounds like they o u a new rim! If you wrecked a loner bike of theirs and said, "I'm sorry", how far do you think that would get ya? Don't let this one go.

I wouldn't let the damaged rim go either. Have they ever replaced a Rocket rear before? They charged you plenty for the service. The rear brakes took me about 15 minutes and you figure about $40 for the pads......

They have removed a rocket rim and changed the tire before because it was mine.. lol I don't recall any damage on mine though..

And yes.. the brake pads take about 15 minutes..

Back