One of our R3 family down, but not out

kenne

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket iii Rat
So Yesterday we went on our SE Qld riders catch up all did not go to plan with TATA coming of his bike. Our thoughts go out to him as he make his recovery.
Greetings to all, this is Ricardo, I'm a friend of TJ he's going to be flown to PA hospital has a dislocated shoulder, couple of broken ribs, broken pelvic ligaments he's conscious and would like to thank you all for the help, apologies for disrupting the ride.
in Typical R3 fashion he was worried more about his beloved bike, and ruining the days ride than himself. get well mate hopefully we see you on the road again.

Over 100klm/hr impact with a tree - lucky to be alive. Heal well mate

3C94C068-EEBF-40F4-945D-E8667D19806D.jpeg
5FA0629E-04DE-45E4-9C76-0904C9AB2E96.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Soonest and full mending! The tacho is not showing impact speed, rarely if ever does!
If the bike would have hit the three at 100 km/h it would have been smashed in hundreds of pieces or inserted in that tree. Not that it makes any difference to the recovering fellow, or maybe it does if insurance is reading the forum.

I got a txt from TJ (TATA) this morning... he is in for along recovery period but he is one lucky man... he was quite with it during the ordeal

Mrs Ozrider and I will visit him in the next few days once he settles from his surgery

Broken pelvis,..... he will be operated on in the next couple of days
couple broken ribs
broken left wrist
broken left ankle
dislocated shoulder

Back