One dead bike!

pierre

.040 Over
Ride
06 Rocket classic, 94 Ducati 916sp
Hi all 'first post'

Happly got myself a Rocket 06 with no cat and Triumph kit pipes, sounds lovely.

Read on here about Tuneecu thought thats a good idea.
Downloaded relevant software, read about any potential problems.
XP laptop new cable, battery charger hooked up connected first time, looking good.
Downloaded the ECU data no-problem, standard 20219map.hex (I'm sure there is a better one for this bike) had a look around the settings thought speedo error is too big so put a 5% change on this then went to download to bike!

Download ran for 3sec's came up 'transfer time out' EEEKK

checked voltage on battery - 13.01 (looks ok)

connects to ecu and give the option to restore but this runs for a few sec's and times out!

Got a new cable on order(hope this is the problem??)
but at the moment have a large lump of dead steel in my garage.

anybody got any good ideas, yep tried with all the fuses in makes no diferance!

Peter (west coast of Ireland, nearest dealer is 200miles away)

Welcome mate from Down under.
Sorry I don't know what the problem is but hanso would possibly know.
Some one will chime in to help out I am sure.

To me this definitely sounds like a connection error So yes a new lead will be required or maybe you just need to spray the plug on the bike with some electrical cleaner and re grease with electrical grease to restore good connection .

Yep thought that could be the case so plugs are well lubricated and I have split the plug and attacked it with a soldering iron.
Sadly no joy! so hope its the cable, tried a friends cable but guess its the wrong type coz it won't connect at all (Landrover cable)

trying to keep smiling about this!

Pete

Not able to make any sensible suggestons but for the moment it seems like you've got a cracker of a paper weight...

Hope you get it sorted. Are there any direct flights for Hanso from Batemans Bay to Ireland?

Back