on the trailer again

Bc fisherman

Supercharged
its doing it again wont idle and backfireing under seat. seems to run ok reved up. getting hard to think about going for a long ride getting to be a real pain

Axel,

Hello fellow Canuk.

Have you got all recalls done of the bike? What doesn't the dealer say then.

I had High Idle, then lumpy stalling out situation last year. The service told me that they went through just what they are told to do. Not all steps listed here: Sync Throttles, TPS voltage to spec, Stepper to spec, addaptive reset.

Mine has held, but my buddies has fallen prey to the same thing (ie hanging idle, then lumpy idle) after tech checks and reset it works for a while during ride then hangs/or gets lumpy.

Mine backfired under seat in begining until I put a richer PCIII map in.

What year is your bike?

Cheers,

Chrispy

Hey . bike is 2005 with tors since second day out off the show room. Took it back for the upgraded tune it was good for awhile at first service they fiddled
with it poor idle and low rpm stalling . the next time it went in on a trailer cause some electronic mod malfuntioned wen i was out on a ride it would not run under 1200 revs real pain in trafic rideing 2 up. now it wont idle again . second time on a trailer only 25000 klm . I love the power and i am comfy on it but dependability realy sucks :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I might as well add another YVR Canuck post ,add my bike as well.

I've had nothing but grief with a high idle after the bike is warmed up and run over 2500 rpm for a period of time (2007 with 4500km).

Some old crap replace steper motor and adjustments it will run great for about 2 hours and then back to high idle/missing etc . I've had it in the shop 4 times at last count.

I'm thinking I've brought this bike to the dance but I don't know if I want to dance with it anymore.
What pisses me off is that I had a 05 model and it ran great (after the bottom end of the engine was replaced !!) :evil:

Axel and Jeep - I'm the Vancouver buddy Chrispy refers to above having the same idle problems. The service dept at Western Powersports in Langley is trying hard to find a fix. They called over to British Italian this week to see what they are doing, and yes, they are tearing their hair out too, as they can't fix the idle issues either.

Both have contacted Triumph and and are told to redo the same procedure they initially did in the 360 recall. Western feels that is a waste of time, with no new help forthcoming from Triumph. In frustration a couple of weeks ago, I called the owner of Western and asked about trading it in, and was told the blue book value on my 06 Standard was $8500 (paid $20K new). I'm looking for a replacement bike (non Triumph) due to the corporate Triumph denial of the problem. I was so frustrated, I actually thought of returning to Hardley - can you imagine??

I have TuneBoy, and use the diagnostic function to see what's going on, but not being a trained tech, I don't get that far. When I reload a tune, or do a forced adapt/reset, the bike returns to normal for a while, and then loses its settings for idle and the same issues reappear.

Anybody interested in getting together to compare notes given our geographic proximity? There is strength in numbers and we might learn something along the way. I'm happy to share. Vinny Boy

ok boys and girls here is how it went on the road at 0645 truck gave me trouble wen i stoped at Timmy Ho,s for coffe broken wire on the start solinoid AND the problem was tps out off wack from wen it back fired through the in take . No charge for the fix SIN OIL and filter sparck plugs LABOUR 329.91 CA with tax. runs sweet :D :D :D :D :D

If any of you vancouver guys want to try and get together I will be working over
in the richmond and Annicis island area next week .

I asked the service tec at the shop in Sidney Victoria about the rumor that some modles are shiped with an empty cat box and he said not true . he is a fan of the tune boy uses it on his own bike a speed triple.

The tech is wrong... my cat box was empty... ie. no catalyst inside. Those I believe with catalyst were California bound bikes. He should know that.
I think Vinneyboy still has his box...off that is as he went with a bypass. If we get together there I'm sure if you ask nicely he'll show you his box.... cough cough.

I work in Burnaby and commute every day with the big girl. I would enjoy a visit with a new rocket.... you are bringing her over aren't you?

Either way I'm sure we can meet one day next week.

Back