*on the road* "Popping on Decelleration"

RocketJockey

.040 Over
I just rode into Phoenix and noticed that my bike is popping during deceleration much more that before. I leave at noon tomorrow and have to ride back to Albuquerque. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Its at 2007 Classic Tourer. It runs perfectly otherwise. Any thoughts would help. Thanks!

check and see what octane there is and also check out your exhaust clamps any leaks will cause popping

So is it safe to assume I can drive 430 miles home before doing this without doing any harm? I'm not really going to have a chance before we have to leave. Thanks for the info guys!

Providing you have the correct tune it should be ok, fitting after market pipes will make it more noticeable. You will need tuning software to load a decel map and to switch off the O2 sensor (or it will lean it out again with the closed loop auto tune function). Make sure you get a tune to suit your system ie.... triple K&N's , TOR's ect.

Go over the bolts connecting the header to the block my manifold bolts were slack causing decel pop also on climbing up to Higher altitudes where the octane was only 85 my bike was acting weird I loaded different tune and it cleared

Back