On Off Switch left side 2020 r3

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
When I was ordering my bags yesterday, the service guy came out to tell me a few things on the new bike. He said many people complain about hard starting. Said leave the on off switch ON all the time. Factory told him to tell everyone this, as turning it off causes problems with breaking the circuit, resetting, or something I don't get but I am not savy on this stuff. Thought I would pass it on.

Good info...*JUST* in case a new R3 finds its way into my garage... :cool:
-MIG

When I was ordering my bags yesterday, the service guy came out to tell me a few things on the new bike. He said many people complain about hard starting. Said leave the on off switch ON all the time. Factory told him to tell everyone this, as turning it off causes problems with breaking the circuit, resetting, or something I don't get but I am not savy on this stuff. Thought I would pass it on.
So what is the purpose of the off/on switch?

did u tell the guy he don't know what he is talking about.;)
u have to break the circuit whether u break it with ignition or kill switch.
some like ign others like kill switch.
pros and cons to both.

did u tell the guy he don't know what he is talking about.;)
u have to break the circuit whether u break it with ignition or kill switch.
some like ign others like kill switch.
pros and cons to both.
Yeah, just about to take possession of my new bike and I told him that. Not so much.

I was told after riding you it’s best to leave On for 30 min after you stop for the ecu can update data from your ride ? Probably in custom riding mode
I leave mine On all the time

When I use my switch which is seldom I always just kill the engine and then return the switch to ON. I couldn't figure out why my bike wouldn't start once and only once.:roll::roll:

Back