Olive Garden Here I Come

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
This came home with me this weekend. I can't explain it, but always wanted to try the "Goose" experience. I sold my beloved Thunderbird Sport a couple of months ago, the riding position and my ever increasing friendship with good old arthritis had finally reached the point of separation. Really is a learning experience, it is kind of like riding a high powered two wheel garden tractor. Well, at least I have the only one in the neighborhood..........

2000 Moto Guzzi Bassa with 12k on the clock......

I've always thought Guzzis were cool.
It looks to be in excellent shape. Can you share what you paid?

I'd be interested in your experience with reliability over time, as well.

Great looking MG.

Its interesting how many of us elder folks can remember when a Triumph Bonneville was a big bike. I even thought my Honda 150 was pretty big. One of the factors that entered into my selling my R3T was riding a friends Scrambler. I guess everyone has a different opinion on the sweet spot when it comes to size. That's why they make so many options.

Thanks one and all. Don't mind saying what I paid at all, $3800 out the door. (Does not include taxes and tags.) It was on consignment at a small Royal Enfield dealer. It is an 1100 and I am impressed with the quickness and torque. I am tall also, 6'4", the bike came with two seats. Currently I using a taller Corbin over the stock solo. Also came with the stock pegs, I may try those also over the after market floor boards for a little more room. The riding position is somewhat like sitting in an upright chair and surprisingly the big jugs are not in the way at all. (Of course I have never had a problem with big jugs getting in the way.)

I was enamored by a white 2K Bassa 1100 last year. It was a little rough and the guy wanted $5500 for it. I passed. It is a good looking bike for sure.

Back