Older 3 pipe ststem on later model Roadster ????

cootertwo

Living Legend
Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
Just wondering out loud. I have a 2013 Roadster, and I have a whole complete set of the older 3 pipe system, in "TORS". I wonder if it might be an easy fit? Never seen or heard of it being done. ???

Yes, retired, and 3 Rockets, and lot's of parts! The first 2005 I bought, that is now the "low rider" came with the original 3 pipe setup, w/stock mufflers, plus a cat delete crossover, and 3 tor mufflers! I have tors on my 2013, but thought it might be neat to have a 2013 with the 3 pipe setup. My other 2005 has a Jardine setup, and I LOVE the sound, so it's staying the way it is. Almost bought another 2005 from Craigslist the other day. Was listed for $1785, but when I sent a reply asking for mileage, etc. got an email back, wanting my email, to send pictures and more info. Then the post got flagged on Craigslist, so I guess it was a scam of sorts.;)

Yes, retired, and 3 Rockets, and lot's of parts! The first 2005 I bought, that is now the "low rider" came with the original 3 pipe setup, w/stock mufflers, plus a cat delete crossover, and 3 tor mufflers! I have tors on my 2013, but thought it might be neat to have a 2013 with the 3 pipe setup. My other 2005 has a Jardine setup, and I LOVE the sound, so it's staying the way it is. Almost bought another 2005 from Craigslist the other day. Was listed for $1785, but when I sent a reply asking for mileage, etc. got an email back, wanting my email, to send pictures and more info. Then the post got flagged on Craigslist, so I guess it was a scam of sorts.;)

Please don't wreck and good set of tri pipe TOR pipes. They are hard to find. You would need the plates to attach to the chassis. Get a set of Roadster TOR. They are abundant.

I have the TOR's on my 2013 Roadster already, and I have all the brackets that came with the 2005 triple setup. I was just inquiring if anyone has done or heard of it, before I start crawling around and checking/measuring, etc. etc. The triple pipe TOR's I have are like new. The bike only had 2,400 miles when I bought it. That bike has been converted to a hard tailed frame, with a single megaphone muffler.
lowrider.jpg

Cooter, as Dave (Scott in Exile) says, the ABS box will be in the way to fit the CAT box or even a CAT delete for the three pipe set up.
If you made up a "Plumbers nightmare" of tubing down under there you might get the three pipe system on there, but don't ask me to do it !

I have the TOR's on my 2013 Roadster already, and I have all the brackets that came with the 2005 triple setup. I was just inquiring if anyone has done or heard of it, before I start crawling around and checking/measuring, etc. etc. The triple pipe TOR's I have are like new. The bike only had 2,400 miles when I bought it. That bike has been converted to a hard tailed frame, with a single megaphone muffler.
lowrider.jpg
GAWD - That is Different......

Back