Old triumph guy needs some guidance

patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
Hello all. Got my Rocket last year (2009)..love it. First bike I have owned that is EFI. Spent a lot of years tuning carbs/pipes...loved to play with a dynojet kit and pipes. Anyhow, my bike came with Jardines and I get a ton of popping on decel which is getting a touch annoying especially since it's already loud to begin with. Can someone give me a step by step on how this works. I have the map for Jardines but the zip file I have for the tuneboy has a boatload of files and I am lost.

1) Need the file to put on my laptop\
2) How/where this is set up as well as what cable is needed and where the input location is on the bike.
3) Once connected, how the Jardine map I have is used in relation to the program for the tuneboy
4) basically I'm a retard on how to program this to the bike. Consider me the village idiot of EFI..LOL

Are you using TuneBoy or Tune ECU? Tune boy requires a digital key to sue and costs money. TuneECU is free and requires no key. Once you get the cable ($20 on Ebay) there is what looks like an OBDII connector under the seat on left side. Just follwo idrections on Tune ECU site and you should have no problems.

Well Mr Patrol
Where do I start
I like you come fr a background of tuning 2 & 4 strokes with carbie's and exhausts.
Firstly you have two options
1 you by the sounds of it have a Tuneboy tune BUT not Tuneboy itself which is a software program incorporating a Key ( numerical password supplied by Tuneboy) and a special cable cost approx' $500 AUD and this is a superior programme if you want to really get in to the nitty gritty parts of tuning

2 TuneECU us a freeware software program (easy to use) but you will need to buy a cable for the princely sum of about $20 there is a sh1tload more info in a another section here if you do a search
Lastly if you are thinking of going the TuneECU route send me your e-main and I will send you a tune for your setup
Hans

Are you using TuneBoy or Tune ECU? Tune boy requires a digital key to sue and costs money. TuneECU is free and requires no key. Once you get the cable ($20 on Ebay) there is what looks like an OBDII connector under the seat on left side. Just follwo idrections on Tune ECU site and you should have no problems.
Bloody hel' I shouldn't take so long to writes post :(:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well Mr Patrol
Where do I start
I like you come fr a background of tuning 2 & 4 strokes with carbie's and exhausts.
Firstly you have two options
1 you by the sounds of it have a Tuneboy tune BUT not Tuneboy itself which is a software program incorporating a Key ( numerical password supplied by Tuneboy) and a special cable cost approx' $500 AUD and this is a superior programme if you want to really get in to the nitty gritty parts of tuning

2 TuneECU us a freeware software program (easy to use) but you will need to buy a cable for the princely sum of about $20 there is a sh1tload more info in a another section here if you do a search
Lastly if you are thinking of going the TuneECU route send me your e-main and I will send you a tune for your setup
Hans
HI All,

Thanks of the replies...as you can see I am clueless. I do not have a tuneboy tune. I will get the cable on ebay. Once I have this in hand I will hit folks back and figure out how to download. Some sent me a Jardine Map set up. I have to assume the tuneECU is simply the link program (gateway) to brains of the rocket and the map is simply the flow settings...it's just the one, two, three of it that I have no clue on. Anyhow hanso, my email is triumph212121@yahoo.com....and thank you!!

Hello all. Got my Rocket last year (2009)..love it. First bike I have owned that is EFI. Spent a lot of years tuning carbs/pipes...loved to play with a dynojet kit and pipes. Anyhow, my bike came with Jardines and I get a ton of popping on decel which is getting a touch annoying especially since it's already loud to begin with. Can someone give me a step by step on how this works. I have the map for Jardines but the zip file I have for the tuneboy has a boatload of files and I am lost.

1) Need the file to put on my laptop\
2) How/where this is set up as well as what cable is needed and where the input location is on the bike.
3) Once connected, how the Jardine map I have is used in relation to the program for the tuneboy
4) basically I'm a retard on how to program this to the bike. Consider me the village idiot of EFI..LOL
Stick with it Patrol21 I really love my Jardines...I get some very minor pops on shift down but not much...the sound those pipes make when you twist from 80 to a 120mph is priceless...I've labeled it "Industrial" cause I get this image of some giant machine cranking up. -Doug

What model do you have? You need to make sure the tune you have matches the model. I have a 2009 Touring with Jardines and trip K&N's tuned by Wayne Tripp using TuneEcu. Awesome power and NO decel popping. Downside, 28 MPG, I mean NONE who cares when the smile never leaves your face.

HI All,

Thanks of the replies...as you can see I am clueless. I do not have a tuneboy tune. I will get the cable on ebay. Once I have this in hand I will hit folks back and figure out how to download. Some sent me a Jardine Map set up. I have to assume the tuneECU is simply the link program (gateway) to brains of the rocket and the map is simply the flow settings...it's just the one, two, three of it that I have no clue on. Anyhow hanso, my email is triumph212121@yahoo.com ....and thank you!!
please check you e-mail adress as my putor say's it is invalid

Last edited:
Back