britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I have noticed that specialty web sites tend to shed their skin as the years pass. I spent a little time going through the last posts of members who have have been here for a number of years and find that a number of the "Old Timers" haven't been online for quite awhile. Pig9r. HeR3tic, SidecarFlip, Xhdskip, just to name a few who around in the early days of 2005 and 2006 when these machines were first coming out and we decided to take the plunge on this big arse motorcycle that allot of folks thought was ugly and wouldn't last. Just thought it this time of the year it would be nice to see who is still above the dirt and still riding the "Beast".

You are correct George a lot have come and gone over the years but my ugly arse is still here, few other names who were also members on the .com site remember Owl (I think he is selling or sold his rocket) Billy the Biker now he was one character then the Aussie guys Aussiebikerdave the first person to sell the maddogs in the states and an old pal of mine JDonoly and of course from my town Fort Walton Beach FL hailed BigErn the first person to ever tear into the Rocket engine when no one even knew what a Triumph Rocket was.
I hope they are still riding and enjoying themselves.

I think after awhile the long time users just get bored of the same old questions etc. They may still ride the R3 but no longer find any need or interest to check into the site. I am the same way....when I buy a new thing I tend to spend alot of time learning about it and mods for it etc.

Your probably right Jeff ,but if it wasn't for those guys who are old time members (Hardcore rocketeers) still comin on the site reguarly some of those questions might not be answered.It's good to have new blood too though.

Well my Arse is still firmly planted on the R3, & it's been there since 2009, not that long I know but I guess it will still be there in 2019 at least. I'll still be checking in on the forum too, I think many members get a little bored but give them time & they may well be back. I know "Battersea" has left, I phoned him a couple of months ago, he's riding HD now, reckons R3 getting too big & heavy for him due to ill health, that could be the case with others. At least Barbagris announced his departure & I'm sad about that, I had his email at one time but it's gone now & I can't get it back. Those names you mentioned are big guns & will be remembered by many, come on back guys you'll still have a lot to offer.

Good thread, @britman!
Would be good to know what the old heads are doing and riding now?

That got me to thinking about my R3 history
2003 put deposit down
2004 took delivery
2005 first to fit Bonnie tail light
2006 3 piston gold leaf paint job, 6 pot brakes, Jardines/unifilters 150hp
2007 6 pipe exhaust
2008 Carbon fibre wheels,engine mods, first over 200hp
2009 8" BST front wheel wide front end, twin V-rod headlights, more mods 220hp
2010 2" crash bars/chin spoiler, Supercharger with other mods, first @ 350hp
2011 New crank, Arrow rods
2012 more mods lots more power
2013,4,5 nothing much as Bonnie has replaced R3 in my affections
Done a lot to the Bonnie over these 3 years one off frame, custom job, much lighter, double hp.
At 63 still riding & loving it.

Back