EngelseBoer

Mickey
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Special Edition
Hi Gang

Having just joined the group, I guess I should introduce myself.

I live in the UK and have done so for some twenty-four years, but am originally from South Africa, and have been riding bikes since my first-year apprenticeship in 1978, except for one 10-year long period due to back issues.

My first bike was a Honda CB360, followed by a Suzuki GS450. Then after the 10-year break, and a year after coming to England, I bought a Honda VF750 F and a few years later a Yamaha XV1600 A (Wildstar). - (Dragstar in the USA). I rode that for 16 years until it died a violent death just over three years ago.

Considering the progression of my previous bikes, a 2300 cc Rocket made sense to me as to what to get next – it is a natural progression up from the 1600. Two 800 cc pistons not enough? Get 3!

I have never been part of a motorcycle club until about 10 years ago when I joined CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Association) where I am now Secretary of their Thames Valley Branch. With the Wildstar, I was also part of VSOC (Virago-Star Owners’ Club), but as the bike is no more, I canceled that subscription and traded it for the R3OC (UK).

I’m married, and have been for over 40 years now – have 4 kids and 7 grand-babies.

Trying to be good on the Rocket, and finding it not too difficult mind you. Ever since I got it I have been in the mode of “I don’t have to prove anything – everyone knows it is powerful – and in any event, the bike is far more capable than I am” – So with that philosophy, I have been able to take it easy (generally). I ride in CMA regalia with a white cross on my back, so I do need to behave myself and not bring disrepute to the Cross nor to CMA.

Joined Blood Bikes several years ago and do quite a bit of riding for them, but I seem to do much more Controlling for them lately.

Anyway – that’s me in a nutshell.

Blessings
Mickey

My Ride Now - 06 Rocket III Special Edition

Attachments

• 20210324_161943.jpg
    20210324_161943.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 9
WELCOME! fellow Grandpa (we have 3 kids/5 grandkids) to our R3 Family from Tucson Arizona... Thanks for sharing the backstory and photo... and enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Welcome from California.
My dad served as Chaplain for the Northern California CMA many years ago, I have often thought of joining.
Hi wjb,

What's stopping you? CMA are an awesome bunch. As a Christian and a biker, I am sure you will find a home there.
Look into it.

Blessings
Mickey

Back