Mittzy

The Hooligan - Just Doing Stuff
Ride
2020 TFC #385, 2014 R3 Roadster 230hp (BRUTUS)
Saw this old HD this morning on my way to work. I dont know much about them, this one has the hand operated gear selector on a lever on the left hand side of the fuel tank.
I also noted the invisible safety gear:rolleyes:
20130109_081240.jpg

that gear shift,a bloke up the road from me has a similar gear shift but also activates the clutch by pulling the shifter towards the tank when changing gears.he actually designed and built the bike himself from aluminium.

Looks like a late '40's vintage "Solo 45." 750 cc's. Three speed trans. Manual spark advance. Hard tail. Making around 28 hp. Our first ride was on an old Solo. At the time, she seemed great and powerful. Memories...

We trudge on (misty eyed).

That was my first bike...well nothing that fancy..1947

I push it much farther than I ever rode it...POS...Get the spark advance wrong and it would kick back....dang near breaking your leg

Best way to crank it was wrap a rope around the neck of the frame..Get Grandpa to pull you down the road with the truck. Put in second gear and adjust the spark advance...

I do not miss that M/C....

Oh....I love those flip flops, shorts and T shirt...Safety First..

Cool pic Mittzy.
Joey, if you ever want to fit in over here you can't say flip flops. They're thongs. OK. Now stop giggling and practice.;)

OK....

A question for you Oz. guys

What type of tree is that in the pic of the ol bike....just infront of the guys helment. It looks like a Pine tree that we have here.

I know what the other type Thongs are...Hell, I had 5 pair that I wore for 3 yrs. before I found out that I had them on Backwards.

Dang......Ya'll do drive on the wrong side of the road.

OK....

A question for you Oz. guys

What type of tree is that in the pic of the ol bike....just infront of the guys helment. It looks like a Pine tree that we have here.

I know what the other type Thongs are...Hell, I had 5 pair that I wore for 3 yrs. before I found out that I had them on Backwards.

Dang......Ya'll do drive on the wrong side of the road.

Looks like a Norfolk Is Pine to me. Don't get them down this way but up north they're pretty common.

Araucaria heterophylla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was my first bike...well nothing that fancy..1947

I push it much farther than I ever rode it...POS...Get the spark advance wrong and it would kick back....dang near breaking your leg

Best way to crank it was wrap a rope around the neck of the frame..Get Grandpa to pull you down the road with the truck. Put in second gear and adjust the spark advance...

I do not miss that M/C....

Oh....I love those flip flops, shorts and T shirt...Safety First..

Those flip flops/thongs/gandles brand name is "RIDER" quite fitting really.
I know cos I have a couple of pairs:rolleyes:

Back