Old codger from New Zealand wanting advice on running gear

NZ Grim

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket X
Lucky enough to have purchased from new a 2015 Triumph Rocket X after having owned bikes all my adult life. Sold my Harley Trike to get it. Love the machine, hate the headlights. They're by far the worst on any bike I've ridden.
I'm currently in the USA for 3 months riding around the country on a 2006 Triumph Rocket Classic and find the riding position and front peg placement a lot better being more forward. I have a dodgy hip and the 2015 model aggravates it after even a short ride.
Thoughts please on extender kits that will see my legs more extended and forward rather than the current tucked in under me ride that I get with the 2015 model

Welcome to the forum unfortunately that was in my Opinion the biggest stuff up Triumph made when they bought out the Roadster, the classic footboard kit have not been made for a few years now but if you can find one regardless of price grab it they will bolt straight on the only thing is you may have to get a new brake line made to go between the master cylinder and the ABS unit but it is doable

I have the 2016 Roadster and don't mind the foot position, but am looking at hiway pegs to stretch my legs when the need arises. Rivco make a nice one for the Honda Goldwing which has the ability to bolt onto the frame and still be high enuff to clear the brake an gear change levers. Maybe an option for you?

41117_3a0d117e0b5e6964cc0b2e36aaccc9f9.jpg

Hi there 'ol Boy :)
Where are you from in NZ ?
I did the opposite, my bike is an 06 Classic which originally had the forward footrests etc, I did a straight swap with a Roadster set up so the reverse would be just the same.
As Hans has said you will need a brake line to suit, but that's the only mod required.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hello NZ Grim and welcome from Virginia. I thinkbadding the hiway pegs is the easiest if that works for you. Besides ehat Tal shows us, one can get engine guards, which is a good idea anyway, and putting traditional hiway pegs on them.
Enjoy your US tour.

Rivco make a nice one for the Honda Goldwing which has the ability to bolt onto the frame and still be high enuff to clear the brake an gear change levers. Maybe an option for you?
Hmm - I am off to look at those - I have Classic boards but occasionally want to pull my legs back a bit.

Welcome to the forum unfortunately that was in my Opinion the biggest stuff up Triumph made when they bought out the Roadster, the classic footboard kit have not been made for a few years now but if you can find one regardless of price grab it they will bolt straight on the only thing is you may have to get a new brake line made to go between the master cylinder and the ABS unit but it is doable
Cheers for that. Will look into. Its either that or highway pegs
: 468142, member: 2299"]Welcome to the forum unfortunately that was in my Opinion the biggest stuff up Triumph made when they bought out the Roadster, the classic footboard kit have not been made for a few years now but if you can find one regardless of price grab it they will bolt straight on the only thing is you may have to get a new brake line made to go between the master cylinder and the ABS unit but it is doable[/QUOTE]
Cheers. Will look I

Hi there 'ol Boy :)
Where are you from in NZ ?
I did the opposite, my bike is an 06 Classic which originally had the forward footrests etc, I did a straight swap with a Roadster set up so the reverse would be just the same.
As Hans has said you will need a brake line to suit, but that's the only mod required.

Cheers,

Paul.
Just shifted from the Hawkes Bay to Wanganui. Dont suppose you have the original footrests and want to part with them

Back