Okay I'm stupid! RE: Recent Sissy Bar Purchase

minderaser

.020 Over
I was looking to purchase a Tall/Short Sissy bar "set up" and was offered a deal to buy a tall bar with pad and emblem. I assumed (ignorantly) that what were dealing with was the whole set up.

So as you can probably tell my package only contained the Bar, the pad and the emblem. I was thinking that I would open it and there would be the those parts plus the luggage rack and the mounts to install it on the bike and It would be on the bike by now, no such luck.

Hopefully the member forgot to add the rest of the parts but I am assuming not. When I speak with him hopefully he can help me out here. If I am unable to return does anybody know if/where I could by the mounting assembly for my Rocket Standard. What are my options here?

I am a newbe to the Triumph World any leads would be appreciated

Last edited:
Perfectly understandable misunderstanding on your part mate, don't beat yerself up over it.

Yeah, the luggage rack would have definitely been a separate item as it is pretty expensive (new) in it's own right. That would have come with the stuff to attach to the fender as well. The bad part is the (as Triumph call them) "fixin's". You can, if you have a Triumph dealer near by, have them order just those particular pieces and you would be in business. Hopefully you have a good dealer close by that will do that for you.

Good luck,

Dennis

24 dtg Dubai
25 dtg Home

Yeh I know it isn't that big of a deal. The guy I bought it off will return my cash so no loss except our shipping.

I just wanted to have it mounted and ready to go, I'm impulsive like that.

I'm hoping somebody can point me to some mounts/hardware

My Stealer sucks I'm in the biggest little town of Northern MI. If they have an oil filter in stock your lucky. Ordering something more than an oil filter I might bein trouble:D but ill give it a try

I was thinking that exact scenario when I read that you had just purchased the bar, pad and emblem, stopped myself from saying something 'cause I didn't want to sound like an ars. (like usual)
I did the same thing with a windscreen back in the beginning. If it sounds too good .........

I was thinking that exact scenario when I read that you had just purchased the bar, pad and emblem, stopped myself from saying something 'cause I didn't want to sound like an ars. (like usual)
I did the same thing with a windscreen back in the beginning. If it sounds too good .........

Yep that is the rule you can never forget.

minderaser,
have you got ahold of the member you purchased from yet?
He probably has the rest of the stuff you mentioned you still need.
Since he sold you the bar already, he would probably sell you the rest.

Skip,

I spoke with the member he seems like a good guy and willing to return my cash. I take most of the blame for not asking questions and just assuming.

He is apparently using the mounts and/or luggage rack to mount a box or something?

Right now before I send it back I was trying to make it work because the parts he sent me are in really good shape and I was thinking if I could piece some things together it wouldn't be so bad.

But as I look around, not so sure if that task is as easy (or cheap) as I thought. Most likley will be returning and in the future will be engaging in lots of communication about "all" of the parts before I commit.

Sorry to hear it is working out that way. When I worked the Parts counter at my Triumph dealership you would just go to the Triumph (dealer) website and pull down the menu for accessories and locate the sissy bar screen, pull it down and I believe all the individual parts are numbered and just order what didn't come with it. Again, you have to have a dealership that will work with you (I'd at least try) and you would probably have the parts in a week or 10 days and put it together.

Still wishing you luck on this, give it a try.

Dennis

23 dtg Dubai
24 dtg Home

Back