OK I"M LAZY "I adimt it"

Paul Hyland

Turbocharged
OK, I kind of glanced at all the million threads on tires but I am looking for the cheapest sit for a new Metz, were did you go and how much.

Dave how is that Avon doing? Have you put enough miles on it yet to make the determination wheather its werth the extra few bucks?

I've got about 4,000 miles on the Avons now and the rear is just now starting to show signs of squaring off a bit. Right now, I like the way they handle better than the Metz, but I don't expect to get many more miles out of them than I have been with the Metz.

I did find the rear Avon for $206 though.. which isn't much more than the Metz..

Here's the link to the thread...
http://www.r3owners.net/general-tech-talk/4007-tire-prices.html

Well I have 8000 on my Metz. No cord but to slick for my taste need new one ASAP. No more grip just spins when I get on it. A Vista beat me off the line yesterday:mad:

I've got about 4,000 miles on the Avons now and the rear is just now starting to show signs of squaring off a bit. Right now, I like the way they handle better than the Metz, but I don't expect to get many more miles out of them than I have been with the Metz.

I did find the rear Avon for $206 though.. which isn't much more than the Metz..

Here's the link to the thread...
http://www.r3owners.net/general-tech-talk/4007-tire-prices.html
I've got close to 3,000 miles on mine and it's starting to square off also...no, wait a minute, it was square when I bought it:rolleyes: Looks like it did the day I put it on:p It's so nice to go on a ride and not leave so much rubber on the ground, that you could find your way back home by it.;)

Paul,

if you're really concerned about the back tire, then go with a dark side for now. then you'll be o.k. till you decide what you want to run.... not that I would ever try to sway your opinion about any of this. No, I would never try to do that now would I ?

P.S. don't tell Heather about any of this.:eek: :D :eek: :D

greg

Nice try guy's but I'm going to stick with a round tire, if god intended a square tire on a motorcycle he would have given it 4 tires. Oops he did it's called a car:D
going to get another metz so I guess we can do this in another 7 to 8000 miles.

I installed a Avon Cobra in the rear when I picked up a screw in the O.E.M. Metzeler at 2300 miles. I have 5400 now and I like the Cobra much better than Venoms I've run in the past. The Cobra handles much better, ... much less resistant to initiating a turn than the old Venoms. It seems no different than the original Metzeler and appears to be yielding decent mileage. Time will tell for sure...

Back