ok. I got a question.

xhdskip

Living Legend
This is for the more knowledgeable among us. As alot of you already know, I came over to the rocket with very little knowlege of Triumphs as only haveing owned one for a short time in the mid seventys and couldn't keep it running.:( Question is this. How long has "riders association of Triumph" ie RAT been around? Any history would be nice to know. Any members here who have been members of RAT for more than a couple of years?:confused: I talked to a guy in E.S. while sitting outside the bbq place in Ozark who had a RAT patch from 2003. I'd never seen one and it was sharp, I'd like to see some more if anybody has others and would post pics. I'd appreciate it, even better if you got extras and want to get off them. Just pm me... history, and pics, and patchs what could be better? orbs???:):rolleyes: ride safe, xhdskip

Last edited:
I've been a member since '05 but I'm afraid that I can't be of much other help. My RAT group is in Omaha and run by the dealer there.Every now and then I might get a call about a ride, but not too often.

I've been on the trat site trying to find out history, no luck.
Seems the Tulsa Rat Pack died when the old triumph dealer went extinct. That was atlas cycles SEVERAL years ago. Luckily we Now have a new dealer in town that actually have some product with more on the way. Polaris outdoors/ victory and now TRIUMPH. Now to set about the business of getting a rat pack organized, any rat pack leaders got any info on how to start, who to contact. ect?? Thanks in advance guys, xhdskip...

I see you already posted on TriumphRat.Net also. Contact a guy who goes by WHOA over on TriumphRat.Net. He's the RAT Pack leader in Austin, TX. I don't know him personally, yet, but I know they have a very active RAT pack and he is very knowledgable about RAT.

He has offered to assist me in becoming in starting a RAT Pack here in San Antonio, but honestly, with a full time soccer star and a budding barrel racer/gymnast, I just don't have time to get in what little riding I can.. lol..!

Last edited:
Talk to me flip. Thanks TxRIII. I'll sure give him a shout.
Flip, If you wantta come off some of it, I'll sure trade you greenbacks for patchs, stickers and stuff from '02 on up.
skip

Hey Dave

Send your Barrel racer with my oldest next summer to my mom's in TN and she can train her. She has more belt buckles and saddels, she has been to the state finals several times and has placed in the top 12.

She's at the age now that I would really like to hook her up with a good trainer. She has had some training already, but she's just at the age and point in her riding where some professional training would really make a difference. We mainly just hit local play days right now though, and we have an arena so she gets to practice 2 or 3 times a week.

I like where she's at right now. She's on a Appaloosa that we got for $600. He was basically a rescue and she's built him up from skin and bones to a pretty competitive little guy. It won't be long though that she'll be having to get something faster if she wants to move up.

We have a horse that could have alot of potential for her, but that horse is the lasiest Thorougbred I have ever seen. She is built, muscled up like a race horse, super quick and really fast, and she is the lasiest, no running, piece of.. lol" Sweet disposition, but she acts like she's allergic to sweat!.. lol

oh.. sorry.. alot of horse babbling there..

Send your Barrel racer with my oldest next summer to my mom's in TN and she can train her. She has more belt buckles and saddels, she has been to the state finals several times and has placed in the top 12.

I've got the mags and patches from '01 to present. I think there were some pins/buttons also. Membership used to be automatic with purchase of a bike.

Rat

I first became a member after buying my first Triumph a 1997 Speed Triple. It appeared to be pretty well established then. Scheduled rides/etc.

Back