RocketMan3

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2014
Castrol power 1 racing 4t 10w-50 or 5w-40 which oil is suited best for the R3R. What's the difference betwee n the two..?

The manual says

"Use a semi or fully synthetic 10W/40 or 15W/50 motorcycle engine oil which meets specification API SH (or higher) and JASO MA, such as Mobii 1 Racing 4T (fully synthetic) or MobilExtra 4T (semi synthetic) "

The manual says

"Use a semi or fully synthetic 10W/40 or 15W/50 motorcycle engine oil which meets specification API SH (or higher) and JASO MA, such as Mobii 1 Racing 4T (fully synthetic) or MobilExtra 4T (semi synthetic) "

That's kinda funny. My R3R came with a tag above the oil tank that says Castrol

Here is the info on that.

Older Rockets were to use Mobil 1 15W/50 made in Europe. Since then Triumph ended their relationship with Mobil 1 and changed over to Castrol. Now they use the Castrol Full Synthetic 4T 10W/50. According to the Triumph Global Marketing guy Nick I met at the Bonneville Salt Flats during the Streamliners last attempt in September. Castrol is not sponsoring the streamliner because it has been 3 years and they haven't been able to produce the desired results.

DSCN6115.JPG 20160917_091905.jpg DSCN6124.JPG Nick is on the right. He gave Jerry and I each a Pit Crew shirt.

Here is the info on that.

Older Rockets were to use Mobil 1 15W/50 made in Europe. Since then Triumph ended their relationship with Mobil 1 and changed over to Castrol. Now they use the Castrol Full Synthetic 4T 10W/50. According to the Triumph Global Marketing guy Nick I met at the Bonneville Salt Flats during the Streamliners last attempt in September. Castrol is not sponsoring the streamliner because it has been 3 years and they haven't been able to produce the desired results.

DSCN6115.JPG 20160917_091905.jpg DSCN6124.JPG Nick is on the right. He gave Jerry and I each a Pit Crew shirt.
In other words....it's been three years, and they don't want to dump more money on it.

Back