Oil warning light staying on

Shorty05

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3T
Recently fitted a phone mount on handlebars which had a USB port to charge phone. Removed instrument panel from fuel tank and lifted fuel tank to route wiring to battery. Everything went fine until I turned on ignition to check everything worked OK. Lights came on reset the clock then started the bike and the low oil pressure warning light stayed on. It worked OK before I disconnected the instrument panel. Stripped the panel and fuel tank again checked plug connection and wiring but cannot find any fault. Anybody got an idea as to my next step. There is oil in the engine.

Have done that and connection good. I'm gonna try taking the bike for a run to reset the fuel gauge abd maybe the oil light as well. I'll let everyone know in a little while.
Have done that and connection good. I'm gonna try taking the bike for a run to reset the fuel gauge abd maybe the oil light as well. I'll let everyone know in a little while.
OK fuel gauge reset after about a mile but oil warning light still on. Got home turned off, restarted bike and oil light went out immediately as it should so all good now. I knew about the fuel gauge but not the oil warning light.

Back