Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Hi all

I’ve previously had an issue earlier in May that was chalked up to being solved by swapping a filter and running 50 weight oil....

well, I am having the light problem again some months later.... light blinks on and then off immediately every few days either just after coming to a stop or when I go over a bump in the drive of the complex I live in.

I have swapped oil and filter... running 15w50 oil and genuine filter.

my next thought is to hook up a pressure gauge in place of the sensor and check the pressure but as the bike seems to run fine I’m doubting it’s actual pressure loss. I have also ordered a new sensor...

Any other suggestions?

Oh and if it’s the sensor can I just pull it and run a pressure gauge permanently instead of the idiot light? Least that way I’d know if it’s actually pressure?

Last edited:
Never hurts to put a genuine analog pressure gauge in place and test run the bike. Make sure you get to full operating temps. Try and test on the hottest day possible as this will put the most load on the oil. This will eliminate any guessing about the condition of the oil pressure sensor.

Hi all

I’ve previously had an issue earlier in May that was chalked up to being solved by swapping a filter and running 50 weight oil....

well, I am having the light problem again some months later.... light blinks on and then off immediately every few days either just after coming to a stop or when I go over a bump in the drive of the complex I live in.

I have swapped oil and filter... running 15w50 oil and genuine filter.

my next thought is to hook up a pressure gauge in place of the sensor and check the pressure but as the bike seems to run fine I’m doubting it’s actual pressure loss. I have also ordered a new sensor...

Any other suggestions?

Oh and if it’s the sensor can I just pull it and run a pressure gauge permanently instead of the idiot light? Least that way I’d know if it’s actually pressure?
Check the screw in the end of the oil pressure sensor see if its loose and you wire is bouncing around. You can add a oil pressure gauge but you will need the pressire switch in the system so it doesn't trip the warning light which is also used for coolant temp warning also. It sure sounds like the wiring attachment or the sensor

Check the screw in the end of the oil pressure sensor see if its loose and you wire is bouncing around. You can add a oil pressure gauge but you will need the pressire switch in the system so it doesn't trip the warning light which is also used for coolant temp warning also. It sure sounds like the wiring attachment or the sensor
Side issue, but just curious, but how does an oil pressure sensor going into the engine block pickup coolant temp?

Side issue, but just curious, but how does an oil pressure sensor going into the engine block pickup coolant temp?
It doesn't the red warning light on the speedo is for both oil and coolant. Then you look and see which warning it is by the little arrow. The one thats hard to see. So I'm guessing now oil pressure sensor hooked up the red light will probably stay on. Which after starring at it a while you might not notice the little black arrow pointing out which alarm it is. And if you haven't seen a arrow yet I'd be making sure its oil pressure and not coolant temperature.

It doesn't the red warning light on the speedo is for both oil and coolant. Then you look and see which warning it is by the little arrow. The one thats hard to see. So I'm guessing now oil pressure sensor hooked up the red light will probably stay on. Which after starring at it a while you might not notice the little black arrow pointing out which alarm it is. And if you haven't seen a arrow yet I'd be making sure its oil pressure and not coolant temperature.

i think that the 2018 touring has its own oil light (not like ours)
like u i am thinking that the wire is shorting
u might start it up and do a wiggle test on the wire to see what happens.

Back