Filthy Phil

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket X
I've only got 500kms on the new X and just noticed an oil leak.
I rang the nearest dealer (not were I bought it) to arrange to take it there in the morning so they can have a look but I thought I'd ask on here first to see if anyone else has had similar issues.
It looks like it's coming from the head gasket area behind the oil tank.

I rang the nearest dealer (not were I bought it) to arrange to take it there in the morning so they can have a look but I thought I'd ask on here first to see if anyone else has had similar issues.
i have a 09 model and had the exact same experience, don't worry it is some protective spray they use when shipping and has'nt been cleaned off properly, wipe it off and see how it goes it may come back a couple of times, i'm sure someone else will chime in as well.

Probably the stuff they put on it from the factory. It should clean off and stay off.

I had similar stain on my 2014 R3T when i brought it home, mine was in the same location as yours on the forward position on the engine case. But I cleaned it and haven't seen anything else since. Hope you have the same luck.

i had same problem took back to dealer it was xtra die electric grease they put on plug wires when it was hot it look like oil leak the clean up xtra lube and now no problems

I saw an oil leak on header side. Apparently the valve cover gasket from factory warps. Mine shoes at 5,800 miles.

I took it to the dealer this morning (Saturday).
One of the mechanics had a quick look & didn't know what it was or where the leak was coming from.
He said to try cleaning it off with some engine degreaser. My bike is booked in for it's first service next Thursday so he'll have another look at it then to see if it's still leaking.

Back